Altus GroupToronto, ON20 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the commercial real estate industry. Developing predictive analytics and models are key to our platform strategy and we are looking to have two Data Scientists join our Toronto team. As part of the new Product team, you will support the development, data engineering, and product efforts by developing new analytics, predictive models, and data visualizations for our global clients.
Who you are
You are a business-minded Data Scientist with an extensive technical toolkit and a couple of years of experience working with real-life data (co-op, internships, or work-study experience is acceptable). Ideally, you have startup experience and you thrive in an ambiguous environment, building the infrastructure as you need it. You have exceptional communication skills with an ability to ask questions, probe further, and present insights clearly in non technical language.
What’s in it for you?
Transformation of raw data to insights. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact in the global CRE market contributing critical work to a benchmark project that is accelerating our position in the industry. Working with some of the best data sets in the real estate market, this is an exciting opportunity to help our business and our clients transform their use of data to power decisions . This is a greenfield opportunity and you will be at the forefront of bringing to market data solutions that will digitally transform the industry.
Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. As part of a platform team specifically assembled to collaborate on new work, you will have the freedom to create from the ground up, and work unrestricted accessing the information, tools, and technology you need. This is an opportunity to make your mark and truly accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average, and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. As we move from building to scaling; from platform to product; and from storage to application, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too.
Our new Data Scientists will:
- Develop predictive models. You will apply insights and best practices to build models that increase and optimize customer experiences with our data platforms, software solutions, and services offerings.
- Perform data analytics. You will mine and analyse data within Altus Group to improve the quality and validity of the current analytics and reporting tools. You will work with the Data Engineering team to restructure the catalogues to support improved/new analytics and provide direction on transformation rules.
- Develop tools. You will build tools and processes to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Interact with Clients. As part of the Product team, you will work with many of the largest real estate firms to understand business needs to guide the development of our analytical solutions and data products
- Advise on continuous improvements. You will provide recommendations on new data sources to enhance the current data sets, identify new data sources, and work with the data engineering and development team to automate ingestions and transformations.
- Share and collaborate. You will work with other business units in Altus Group to support the transfer of knowledge and predictive analytics into other business areas. You will identify processes to implement platform telemetry analytics both for internal and external users.
Our new Data Scientists will have:
- The combined education and experience. You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or a related technical field and applied work experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems, data models, and data lakes. You have demonstrable skills in processing, managing, and transforming unstructured data, schema design, and dimensional data modelling.
- The technical skills. You have experience using Python, R, SQL and NoSQL databases, and Tableau, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools. You understand cloud Infrastructure - Azure, GCP, or AWS and related systems for data storage & management.
- A commitment to collaboration. You thrive working across inter-disciplinary groups, including architects, developers, product, and management, to build great products. You have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people and expresses appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches. You are an excellent communicator who can translate complex data warehousing and storage concepts into easy-to-understand presentations for clients.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!