Prince George, BC
Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources that reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS provides leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
As the Database Administrator, you will lead the design, development and implementation of ministry database systems. This position provides expert advice to Ministry staff and application development project teams on database application design, packaging, delivery and migration. The Database Administrator will also develop standards for database application administration and deployment services and delivery of migration of database applications.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field.
- A minimum of two years of experience with PostgreSQL and/or Oracle Enterprise Database Administration.
- A minimum of two years of experience performing database backup and recovery procedures.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with Structured Query Language.
- A minimum of four years of experience working on implementing and/or supporting complex infrastructure projects.
For more information and to apply online by February 5, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/94430