Ministry of Attorney General
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus Grid 27, 9.9% TMA
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Information Systems Branch is responsible for providing strategic IM/IT leadership for the Justice and Public Safety Sector, and for the provision of IM/IT services to support our sector program areas and stakeholders. This position is part of the Chief Technology Office that is responsible for oversight and maintenance of a stable, secure, and efficient operational environment for our sector clients and their business applications. Key services include information security, application and infrastructure maintenance and support and liaison with central agencies through a Service Manager that supports sector staff and our broader stakeholders.
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for day-to-day development and control of the definition, organization, protection and documentation of databases in accordance with data administration plans, policies, procedures and standards.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, or certification in the computer science field or related.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience in each of the following:
- working within complex IT environments.
- with MS SQL Server database administration.
- with backup and recovery techniques.
- with database tuning and performance troubleshooting processes.
For more information and to apply online by January 31, 2023, please go to: