Ministry of Land, Water, and Resource Stewardship
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
An excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province’s NRM must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia’s natural resources.
As a Database Analyst, you will provide technical advice and participate in project teams engaged in the design, development and implementation of database technologies to support client applications. You will also implement and maintain standards for databases and services including the physical design, installation, configuration, backup, security, and operational procedures. Additionally, you will research and evaluate new technologies and software releases and make recommendations for the implementation of new features and upgrades.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience with Database Administration.
- 2 years of experience with postgres and/or Oracle Database Administration.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience in Deploying, administering, and managing SaaS and PaaS Technology.
- Experience in container orchestrator (OpenShift), docker platform, configuration management platform (Ansible), CIT tools (Jenkins).
- Experience with release management, supporting the implementation of projects using the AGILE/DevOps frameworks; using Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience with administration of high availability solutions with PostgreSQL and/or ORACLE database.
- Experience with Spatial DBMS, such as ESRI SDE, Oracle Locator, Oracle Spatial or PostGIS.
For more information and to apply online by June 9, 2022, please go to: