This role reports into our Toronto office, but has the opportunity of working remotely across Canada.
Points is looking for an Development Engineer to join our Software Engineering team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office. We are a cross-functional, Agile team with backend, frontend and full-stack engineers focused on our LCR products — internal services and interfaces that drive the business logic behind our many white-label storefronts, providing them with a suite of loyalty solutions.
Join an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together and create a supportive environment where everyone can be their true self at work.
- Augment our microservices platform by implementing APIs, infrastructure, and orchestration logic in Python.
- Assist development of modern front-end applications using ReactJS.
- Share in responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience building robust tools and APIs using Python.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Docker, GitLab
- CouchDB, PostgreSQL