Redefining Cloud Finance, Together
Prophix develops advanced software that automates important financial processes. Prophix is the leading provider of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions for the mid-market. Thousands of Finance leaders in nearly one hundred countries use Prophix software to empower their organizations and gain valuable insight into business performance.
At Prophix, we are disrupting CPM “Business as Usual” having introduced several important new product developments in 2022 that help elevate the role of finance professionals through advanced data analytics and reporting capabilities to deliver more strategic business insights and outcomes.
Working with a global network of partners and with headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, we maintain offices in North America, South America, the U.K., Europe, and Asia.
Who we need
Our cross-functional software engineering teams are responsible for creating innovative new capabilities used by a 2500+ global customer base for budgeting, reporting, and integrated financial planning. We follow an Agile methodology in a collaborative environment.
We are adding a DevOps Engineer in our Lisbon office who will be a member of our head office DevOps team, serving teams in the Lisbon and Mississauga offices. You will support and collaborate with those teams to optimize and evolve our CI/CD environment. In addition, you will be a subject matter expert gaining insights into the backend of our technologies and platform of products, working to implement best practices and automation wherever possible.
This role is a hybrid role requiring in-office presence two days a week of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
What’s in it for you
Cutting-edge technology. As Engineers, we pride ourselves on building technology that solves problems and makes life easier for our clients. To us, it doesn’t get more exciting than the complexity of the infrastructure and our R&D approach to making things better, more resilient, scalable and interoperable. At Prophix, when we encounter a roadblock, we don’t just look for a tool that might work; we create one.
Professional satisfaction. As a top-ranked employer with a global presence and record-breaking profits, having grown our revenue 40x since 2018, joining us now is an opportunity to gain recognition for who you are and what you can do. We know diversity drives innovation. You will work alongside bright, talented individuals, where every day is different.
Career development. We foster an environment with rewarding technical challenges and professional development opportunities. We strongly believe in promoting from within and working with our people to identify career growth opportunities. As we scale, your prospects will increase and may include broader responsibilities and ownership over DevOps, a move towards CloudOps or an infrastructure role as part of a Scrum team.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute. You will develop an understanding of our current pipelines, infrastructure, permissions and access. You will work in close partnership with the Lisbon team to create stories and execute the migration and integration of that office’s network, processes, and systems to align with the organization’s standards, tools and platforms.
- Optimize. You will maintain and improve our CI/CD environment and maintain operational control of our varied product development and test environments. You will stay informed of new tools and best practices in automation, DevOps and CloudOps.
- Troubleshoot and fix. You will find problems and solve repeat issues by researching root causes and altering processes or creating automation to prevent recurrences. You will optimize our monitoring, track metrics that matter and rapidly respond to alerts, working flexibly to ensure the infrastructure and environments are accessible when business starts in both our Lisbon and Mississauga offices. If product problems arise, you will work with the associated product development or architecture team during their business hours to bring them back online. You will respond to on-demand quick-fix requests via our DevOps Slack channel.
- Collaborate. You will be a primary point of contact for internal systems, building relationships across teams and geographic locations as a subject matter expert. You will work closely with the Architecture team on future considerations around the delivery and releases of our technologies. You will interact with the Development and Product teams to eliminate barriers and apply production and test environment feedback effectively.
What you bring:
- The technical background. You have proven progressive DevOps experience in the cloud, in an Agile B2B software development environment. You are curious and driven to solve problems quickly and creatively while ensuring cost-effective resilience and reliability. You have expertise working with:
- CI/CD and pipeline management using Terraform, Ansible, Git SCM.
- Containers and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Automated test concepts, including SAST, Unit, integration, and Functional testing.
- Linux identity access control management, SSH, and PKI.
- Cybersecurity tools for IP routing, packet filtering, reverse proxies, load balancers, SELinux
- The delivery mindset. You are solution-oriented and driven to exceed quality expectations. You continuously pursue the latest technologies and methods in your field. You may have personal projects you work on. You believe in researching answers to complex issues and sharing knowledge with your peers.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional communication skills, and can build collaborative relationships efficiently working across in-person and remote teams. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You have an appreciation for diverse experiences and approaches.
- The flexibility. You understand the nature and demand of DevOps and continuously available development and production environments. You can commit to being highly available to both Lisbon and Mississauga teams during core hours 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Lisbon as part of an 8-hour work day.
Community, culture and purpose.
Prophix is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers. We know that it’s our teams and our leaders who helped us win those awards and continue to foster a creative entrepreneurial place where intelligent, enthusiastic, and innovative people want to grow their careers. We encourage our Phixers (the extraordinary team working at Prophix) to always look for opportunities and seek shared success, reframe the usual and make it matter with our customers, communities, and each other. Our goal is to ensure we are living our values and nurturing a collaborative, growth-minded culture where everyone can shine.
We reward hard work and accomplishments, but we also know that life outside of the office is vital. To that end, we provide a highly competitive compensation, vacation and benefits package, participate on one or all five of our company sports teams, and attend seasonal celebrations.
At Prophix, we don’t believe in little ideas. We aim to create a lasting impact on the global community, through meaningful programs and projects. Whether you participate in volunteer activities through our corporate social responsibility program and our fundraising activities, use your paid volunteer days to support causes important to you, sit on our CSR committee, or nominate a cause you are passionate about for consideration as our quarterly $50,000 donation when we meet our profit goals.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are seeking, apply here. While we can’t guarantee an interview, we promise to consider the full breadth of your experience and background.
At Prophix, we are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free. Please advise our Recruitment team if you require reasonable accommodation during the interview and assessment process, and we will work with you to meet your needs.