ThoughtexchangeCanada8 days ago
Technology is a powerful force in our society. Data, software and communication can be used in harmful ways: to entrench unfair power structures, to undermine human rights, and to protect vested interests. At ThoughtExchange, we build technology for good: to make underrepresented people’s voices heard, to create opportunities for everyone and to help leaders make better decisions.
Building impactful software goes far beyond just technical details and requires a great team of people. This is why we put people first and are committed to your development both as a professional and as an individual. Our team is based on inclusion, transparency and agreement culture. We respect each other’s opinions and use feedback as a tool for growth.
As a Devops Engineer you will:
- Contribute code to modern web applications built on technologies such as: Linux, Kubernetes, Python, PosgreSQL, Typescript, React, Redis, Docker, SSH, TLS, Azure, and AWS
- Support and collaborate with both immediate and broader team members in the development of solutions
- Actively be engaged in understanding the high-level architecture of applications and how the components interact in both a distributed and development environment
- Work with an experienced team in a collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop and evolve your skillset
- Keenly observe technology trends but strive to balance practical business concerns with technical requirements
As a Devops Engineer you have:
- Passion for nitty gritty details and you excel in getting down into the deeper layers of operating systems, containers, networks and database systems
- Strong programming skills and a proven ability to develop production-grade code
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or a related field, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience building secure, reliable, scalable and maintainable distributed systems with high availability demands
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-managed and have the confidence to ask questions when you get stuck
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• ThoughtExchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the ThoughtExchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.