At Cardata, our goal is to simplify the administrative and financial burdens experienced by companies with employees on the road. We partner with our customers to find the easiest and most cost-effective solution, using best-in-class technology, to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicles for work.
We're moving into the next chapter of our company's evolution and are looking for a DevOps Manager to join us.
Who You Are:
A curious and empathic individual whose true north lies in continuous learning and growth! You excel at active listening, gathering information and making informed decisions in high-pressure situations; whenever there’s a problem, you are the person the team will look to! Leveraging your experience, you provide guidance to the team and execute impeccable work to improve, maintain and monitor the Cardata platforms!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Evolve system security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality.
- Support development through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, backups, etc.
- Support development processes by helping improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist in load & performance testing. Help troubleshoot performance issues and review/analyze test results
- Lead prioritization of reliability features and contribute to the design, development and delivery of effective tooling, alerts, and automated responses to identify and address reliability risks
- Trouble-shoot production incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventative measures.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years' experience in IT with strong understanding of DevOps, SRE and large-scale distributed systems across both modern and legacy systems
- Experience with monitoring, logging tools like ELK, Nagios, SolarWinds, Prometheus, Datadog, etc.
- Experience in latest DevOps technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, APM and Cloud
- Experience with operating distributed storage systems, ideally Kafka, Redis
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Strong Oral and Written English language and good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
Why You’ll Love Working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
- Opportunity for career progression in a growing company (we've scaled from 15-47 people in one year, and still growing!)
- Competitive salary + bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- 15 days vacation plus additional paid time off
- 3 pit-stop days (Cardata's own version of mental health days!)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.