Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LIfeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total wellbeing. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
Everyone who joins LifeWorks benefits from the professional reward of working in a more agile human-centric framework and the personal reward of knowing the architecture you build, code you write, the product you release, and the service you provide is supporting the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of clients and millions of their employees around the world. We empower our people to make a difference and play a direct role in nurturing and growing our mental health-focused portfolio of globally consistent and locally relevant omnichannel solutions.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
At LifeWorks, we are always moving forward. Move with us.
Who we need
The Enterprise Platforms (EPPS) group at LifeWorks develops and supports critical platforms and products, from our APIs to Machine Learning and Cognitive apps. Our technology is used across the LifeWorks portfolio of apps, and we follow a product-driven agile methodology.
As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, the EPPS group is looking for a DevOps Manager who is an engineer at heart and a collaborative leader. You will be a critical player leading the build, automation, and deployment of solutions and features in response to real-world needs. You will introduce and implement best practices and new tools, growing the skills and strengths of your team. You will be a champion for DevOps, bringing consistency in our approach, tools, and standards, and ensuring our DevOps strategy is implemented at every stage of the end-to-end development.
At LifeWorks, we give you the chance to bridge the gap between people and mental health practitioners through a consolidated effort to align rapid technology and a responsive user experience - and make our vision for a people-centric continuum of care through technology a reality.
This role can be done remotely in Canada by a motivated individual. Individuals based near a LifeWorks office have the option to work out of that office. Optional team events will be held in Markham.
What's in it for you
Purpose, influence, and career growth. You want to play a leading strategic role in an exciting technical transformation as we move towards the cloud, building and deploying new products, functionality and features. This is a chance to use the latest tools, technologies, and practices to work on customer-facing projects with high visibility and external impact. You will collaborate with a group of incredible teams focused on improving the lives and mental wellbeing of our end-users worldwide.
Joining us now is a chance to mentor junior team members, grow your people leadership skills and be mentored by your manager, who will empower you to excel. It's a chance to recommend practices, processes, and tools to elevate our work. You will have the opportunity to move across feature teams, further specialize your technical focus, explore new areas of interest, or follow a path to people management.
At LifeWorks, we're using evergreen tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead. You will manage a DevOps team responsible for building and managing software infrastructure. You will oversee all code deployments and infrastructure changes to deployment environments. You will spearhead cross-team collaboration on enterprise strategy, product roadmaps, and goals
- Promote good engineering practices. You will share best DevOps practices and core tenets, including logging and monitoring, designing for reliability, scalability and security, automated testing, and risk and incident management. You will lead the way in our DevOps best practice definition and improvements, guiding technical and business leaders to implement best practices and tools in DevOps, SRE, deployment checklists, and logging and monitoring.
- Collaborate. You will partner with internal and external, technical and non-technical teams to build and support development platforms and applications. You will work with relevant teams to define and update LifeWorks data flow, identify high-risk areas and develop feasible mitigating solutions.
- Practice continuous improvement. You will constantly review DevOps processes and tools to identify and build efficiency and effectiveness into DevOps strategy, approach and methods. You will keep up to date with changing trends in Cloud technology and DevOps practices, adopting solutions that improve our processes and capable of achieving strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Build a world-class high-performance team. You will identify resource and skills needs, mentoring and coaching DevOps engineers to manage a cutting-edge technology stack and deliver quality software products by recruiting, developing and retaining top talents. You will establish SMART goals for DevOps team members to promote both their technical growth including training and support their individual career objectives, and carry out performance appraisals to support and manage low and high performance.
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner and experimenter, inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver healthcare services in a timely, tangible way.
- The experience. You have expertise in DevOps production, including supervisory and strategic planning. You have a proven track record of designing, introducing and implementing Azure services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups that meet customer, data and security objectives. You have experience:
- Building roadmaps and owning DevOps team's project prioritization and backlog, and with the trade-offs inherent in a rapidly-changing technical environment.
- Designing and building continuous integration and infrastructure-as-code environments, including multi-region failover, zero-downtime deployments, failure injection, artifact repositories, etc.
- Designing application and infrastructure for observability, security and reliability.
- The leadership experience. You have experience guiding the work or software development and deployment teams following an Agile methodology in a CI/CD environment. You are solution-oriented and have the insights to execute a strategy aligned with the team, product, and company vision. You can coach a team, navigate conflict, remove barriers, and champion their work. You can set, measure and respond to KPIs, pivoting your approach to balance urgent and evolving needs.
- The technical expertise. You have experience with Azure and AWS both as a Developer writing code for products and building and deploying automation and infrastructure automation. You experience with:
- Management tooling such as Terraform.
- Software development experience, ideally in PHP, Python or Node, C# with working knowledge of developing .NET Core applications.
- Azure core services such as Azure Storage including Blob, Azure VMs, Azure LB, Azure ASG, Azure Serverless, Azure DB, Azure Container Instance, Kubernetes, Docker.
- SQL and NoSQL.
- Designing, implementing and day-to-day use of logging and monitoring tools to capture data for alerting and issue identification and resolution using DataDog or ELK.
- The interpersonal skills. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can comfortably explain complex problems and technical solutions to a range of audiences. You are a collaborative team player who thrives in a cross-functional role, and you know how to build and nurture connections with individuals across multiple locations. You can navigate relationships to suggest better processes and efficient implementation.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people, and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.