Thinking CapitalMontreal, Ottawa, Toronto7 days ago
You live your life by the motto “never do twice what you can code once.” You have chosen to spend your life automating yourself out of a job with the full knowledge your quest will never end as more and more people create more and more complex systems. Nonetheless, your need for efficiency drives your passion to deploy large complex software systems with simplicity and no human involvement. For you, the singularity means you can relax on a beach while your developer peers bang out new code. At Thinking Capital, we encourage everyone to trust themselves, own big problems, stop holding back and use your acquired knowledge to influence our future.
Everyone in the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers to collaborate and design the best solutions. Our open work culture provides the opportunity for you to contribute to all aspects of our business: customer engagement, product ownership, security, software, data, QA, devops and 24/7 cloud service deployment.
You are DevSecOps Engineer and as a key member of our development team your passion will help us design, develop and deploy our integrated cloud services to help small businesses succeed!
What You Will Do
- Architect our global scale cloud deployment financial platform
- Design our platform for performance, security, scale, reliability and robustness
- Fully automate our continuous integration and deployment processes
- Secure our deployments from internal and external threats
- Learn and adapt emerging technologies to real problems
What You Bring
- Architecting application deployments with performance, security, scalability, availability and disaster recovery
- Deploying microservices on AWS, Heroku
- Deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, kOps and AWS EKS deployments.
- Setting up 24/7/365 production logging, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (e.g., GitLab, CircleCI, etc.)
- Expertise in UNIX/LINUX command-line and scripting (Ruby, Python, or Bash)
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Great at troubleshooting and digging into the root cause of complex problems in production
- Working autonomously and being highly resourceful
- Bachelors, MSC or PHD in computer science or engineering
Other Valued Skills & Knowledge
- Deploying and managing big data solutions (e.g., AirFlow, Snowflake)
- Git or other version control systems
- Software development