WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. We empower our team to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you'll do:
- Support the operations of the marketing strategy with a focus on writing and editing content for external and internal communication (media releases, newsletters, direct mail offers, member communications etc.).
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our products, internal standards, and differentiators to develop strategies to increase effective communications and public relations.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement effective online campaigns and content marketing strategies utilizing email and cloud software and reporting on results.
- Plan and execute events, scholarships, sponsorships, open houses, and trade shows.
- Maintain our corporate online blog, developing relevant content, improving member experience and reporting on results.
- Champion the corporate values and culture initiatives and develop and execute new strategies to increase employee engagement, including internal surveys, events, company web pages, community initiatives, and employer branding projects.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Business, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing degree or diploma from a post-secondary school; along with a minimum of 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience managing social media platforms and campaigns
- Attention to detail with outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines
- Must be a committed self-starter who has the drive to succeed in a high-energy team environment
- Must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with HubSpot or related marketing cloud/email software is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel is required
Deadline for applications: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.