Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Digital Experience & Multimedia Designer role presents an exciting opportunity to amplify the voice of the arts and inspire engagement with our greater community through Arts Commons’ digital design and multimedia strategy.
You are a highly creative individual with a portfolio that highlights just that! Your work demonstrates your artistic flair and your strong ability to take direction from written and spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, videos, animation and other interactive design and multimedia projects. You also have an ability to invoke emotion and make connections through a digital canvas, with an understanding of key elements of advertising and visual communication.
You are quick to conceptualize and develop graphic designs effortlessly. You are a collaborator, creator, producer, and strategic thinker who can use cutting edge technology and engaging multimedia graphics, videos, and animations to highlight Arts Commons’ vision, mission, and values in many artistic ways.
Who we are:
Arts Commons is an ecosystem inclusive of artists, resident companies, and community groups. As one of the largest performing arts centres in Canada, Arts Commons strives to break down barriers to cultural participation by providing a modern, open, and inclusive gathering space in a central location.
At Arts Commons:
· That equitable access to the arts is a human right
· To Redefine a bold and adventurous Calgary by championing and investing in creativity
· To be an inspirational force where artists, community and organizations celebrate cultural identities, experience the full breadth of human emotions, and ignite positive change
What we offer:
On top of the everyday excitement of working inside one of Canada’s top performing arts facilities with a team of professionals that share a passion for the arts, Arts Commons offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits for this role:
· A collaborative, engaging and values driven work environment
· An annual salary in the range of $50,000 - $65,000
· A comprehensive health and dental benefits package, with RSP matching and access to an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
· A positive working culture, keeping employee health and wellness a priority with generous paid time off policies and an annual lifestyle allowance.
· A dynamic role that will have you engaging in many different aspects of live performance, visual arts, and arts education
What we value:
We are looking for individuals who share our vision of building a creative and compassionate society, inspired through the arts. Our team is made up of people with a diverse range of interests — singers, actors, musicians, playwrights, coaches, teachers, gamers, bakers, photographers, athletes, dancers. People whose interests encompass the widest spectrum. We even have furry, four-legged friends in the office. We value people who strive to do the right thing, and work to be their best. People with open minds, hearts and arms.
What you will get to do here:
As the Digital Experience & Multimedia Designer, you play a critical role in the elevation of Arts Commons’ brand by engaging our audiences through graphic design, audio and video production, content management and website maintenance. In applying your passion for the arts in a creative and inspiring environment, you support your team with increasing public engagement and awareness of our programs, shows, events and offerings to the community.
The key accountabilities for this role include:
1. Multimedia, Digital Content and Graphic Design
2. Marketing & Communications Support
3. Website Content Management
4. Administrative Support
Strategic Goal: Amplify our visual identity and expand the reach of the arts by combining digital and video solutions to design, create, and support with content for the company website and social media platforms.
Where you fit within our ecosystem:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Digital Experience & Multimedia Designer is a member of the Brand & Audience Development department and works to coordinate efforts to effectively promote Arts Commons’ shows and elevate the brand through our creative materials and digital media platforms. This position also works closely with the Programming, Development, Event Services and Finance teams, as well as external vendors and community groups in order to achieve shared objectives.
You will be a great fit if you…
- Can translate information into visual, eye-catching collateral, with a sharp attention to detail and quality
- Possess a background of 3 - 5 years of experience creating digital marketing campaign deliverables, in a studio, agency, or in-house field
- Strong knowledge of video creation/editing using Adobe After Effects is a must
- Understanding of responsive design
- Exceptional understanding and ability in design principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.) in web, mobile, broadcast and environmental contexts
- Excellent computer skills in the Office 365 suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
- Advanced writing skills with superior vocabulary; ability to express yourself, excellent grammar, and attention to detail
- Ability to follow vision and direction of the company, meet tight deadlines while juggling competing priorities
- A strong visual portfolio with real projects required. Only candidates with a portfolio will be considered
Nice to have:
- An advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and video design software (and all relative tools and software like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience creating marketing assets for TV broadcast and outdoor campaigns
- An ability to visualize pre-production concepts in the form of storyboards
- Knowledge of Adobe XD (or Figma), ReadyMag, and/or HubSpot
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms like WordFly, Prospect2
- Experience with front-end web development in HTML and CSS
At a glance
Hours: FT (40 hrs)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
Location: Calgary (in-person)
Join us today and see for yourself some of the many reasons why were voted one of Alberta’s Top Employers!
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com
Closing Date: January 10, 2022
If you are interested in applying to this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to:
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Interviews will be conducted on an on-going basis and the job posting will officially close when a suitable candidate is found. For best consideration, please apply by the deadline date. While we hope to fill this position as earliest as possible, our commitment to finding the right candidate may require more time.
We thank all interested applicants in advance but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
If you have any specific questions to ask in relation to the role,
If you have any specific questions to ask in relation to the role, please send them to the email address above and a member of our team will do our best to respond to you in a timely manner
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA)
As part of our organization’s commitment to IDEA, we work to remove barriers in collaboration with a broad range of voices. Removing these barriers begins with the hiring process. To that end, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
We strongly encourage applicants who identify as part of underrepresented groups, including women, people of colour and those with disabilities to apply. Even if your past experiences do not align perfectly with every qualification, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway! An excitement and passion for Arts Commons can go a long way here, whether it’s in this role or another.