Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the Director of Architecture is responsible for the overall software architectural strategy for Blackline products, leading a team of senior Architects, and working across the entire product tech stack from UX to App to Infrastructure to Data.
About the Role
- Leading and developing architecture blueprints, and providing the roadmap for step change improvements at the solution, technical, methodological, and organizational levels
- Collaborate with other Software leaders to make continuous progress towards goals
- Guiding and advising the technology team(s) with the best practices to reduce the delivery times, integration and operational risks and ensure continuous reductions of technical debt Influencing the strategic decision making of the company by building collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand the business, product and technology needs.
- Responsible for keeping all business and tech stakeholders aligned with the architectural directions at all times Partner with other leaders across company to align and address longer term architectural goals and priorities.
- 10+ years of experience in product software development
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team
- Significant expertise with many of the following technologies: AWS, Python, Java, PHP, MySQL, Angular, Kafka, Redis
- Significant experience developing and architecting systems at Scale (example: billions of data points) operating 24x7, globally
- Bonus points for experience with Cellular & Satellite providers and their technologies
- Bonus points for experience working with Hardware/Firmware teams Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or other relevant technical disciplines)
About Blackline Safety
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products. We offer the broadest and most complete portfolio available in the industry. Our products are designed to save lives and we monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, complex indoor facilities, and the remote reaches of our planet. Blackline’s products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our design, development, sales, marketing, support, and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly traded company (TSX: BLN). To learn more about our company visit www.blacklinesafety.com
Blackline Safety is powered by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on exciting projects!