Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
The Senior Director of Business Intelligence and Data Management is seeking an innovative and collaborative professional for the new Director of Development and Automation role at FH. This unique opportunity supports a growing team in executing an Application Development strategy that uses a modern design/architecture and technology stack to support strategic organizational data-driven initiatives.
The vision for CAADSI is to be national leaders in digitally transforming healthcare, prioritizing exceptional experiences for patients and providers, revolutionizing care delivery and harnessing the power of virtual care for a seamless, equitable and easily accessible high quality health system.
Our ideal candidate is a clear, caring and courageous leader that brings a strong understanding of process improvements and automation, a strategic methodology, healthcare project implementation experience and technical coding skills. They will advance a team and apply best practices within Application Development that align with business continuity plans and organizational compliance. This senior leader will be an advocate for continuous improvement, an active member of provincial committees and an agile mentor capable of managing both transactional deliverables and team development.
The Director is accountable for:
- Managing the development of custom applications, including low code\no code, as well as build platforms that support analytics while monitoring and optimizing technologies and processes for efficiency and scalability;
- Leading the technical architecture, design, development and testing for FH’s advanced analytics products while overseeing the technical application development team (backend and front end);
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate tools and technologies for projects while staying current with industry trends and emerging data technologies;
- Guiding the team to develop priorities, coordinate the group’s performance and activities, and manage intersections with partners to ensure diligent change control across interdependent systems;
- Delivering data analytics initiatives by effectively working with business associates, source system teams, project managers and IT staff while communicating insights from high-quality data to business partners;
- Supervising designated staff and contractors while establishing clear definitions of responsibility, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules to ensure clarity of expectations;
- Conducting employee performance reviews and coaching while creating an environment that fosters growth and development; and
- Planning and allocating resources effectively to meet project deadlines and objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Expertise in application development including approaches, implementation and techniques;
- Senior leadership and management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Swetlana Patnaik, Client Partner of Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.