Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
At Metrolinx, equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values of serving with passion, thinking forward and playing as a team.
Metrolinx's Innovation and Information Technology group supports women team members via "Go Tech Women" an affinity group for women in Information Technology, led by our Chief Information Officer.
Our Development & Delivery Office is seeking a Director, reporting to the Vice President to provide strategic leadership and oversight for the development, testing and deployment of technology solutions for the assigned portfolio. In leading the systems transformation program delivery for Metrolinx, this role is accountable for client relationship management, delivery to scope, budget, timelines and quality, using a Lean Agile approach.
What will I be doing?
• Oversee the development and maintenance of Corporate systems that supports back office capabilities (Finance, HR, procurement, legal, etc)
• Lead the development and implementation of the I&IT strategies and plans. Currently we support an Oracle ERP with a Microsoft Cloud environment
• Prepare and lead strategic discussions/workshops to understand strategic goals, priorities, and business requirements to deliver on configuration solutions
• Leveraging your significant ERP experience in addition to utilizing a MACH alliance framework to support business’ transition from legacy point-to-point architecture, building out the Custom/full-stack and Cloud/Native applications development processes
• Simplify the backend, core systems architecture and rationalize where applicable by moving to Cloud-native/reusable services architecture to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
• Partner with the I&IT Architecture leader to ensure teams are designing and delivering solutions in line with our target architecture models
• Lead development of Engineering practices, coding standards, CI/CD pipelines and enables Cloud-appropriate delivery approaches
• Strong partnership at executive and working levels with the multiple stakeholder teams. Directs and manages a large department of staff through subordinate supervisors
• Create a working environment that is aligned with the organization’s desire to be a “best company to work for”, ensuring that people resources possess the required skills, are properly aligned, and are provided with the resources to do the job
What Skills and Qualifications Do I Need?
• Completion of a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
• Demonstrated experience in Senior Project Delivery roles (especially within the ERP domain) in large organizations with a successful track record of delivering programs for various business functions. Demonstrated experience leading large programs, developing, and managing IT workforce in a highly matrixed environment with global (On-shore, Off-shore, Near-shore) delivery models
• Strong Technical depth with a Solution Engineering and product innovation mindset and proven technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of IT experience in tools, technologies, and architecture models with ability to drive strategy, and also roll-up the sleeves and switch to fair amount of detail/execution
• Effectively influence, negotiate and lead technology alternative evaluations and implementations within both Business and IT
• Effectively manages trade-offs between speed to market, quality and any potential financial impacts. Ability to comfortably and credibly present to senior management. Be able to articulate the value proposition of getting solutions built using sound architecture principles
• Experience developing applications and configuring solutions for large organizations, including platform consolidation, evaluating, and testing new technologies and products using an Agile delivery approach
• Expertise designing and delivering ERP solutions and other Backoffice platforms appropriate to the needs of customers and business leadership
• Deep domain knowledge with effective understanding of a wide range of technical architectures and product engineering approaches
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time-sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate.
Should it be determined that any background information provided is misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.