It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has the vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food and quality.
Our client is looking for a Director of Digital Software Development with the confidence and technical expertise to make to oversee the high-priority build, launch and continuous optimization of a customer-facing eCommerce platform. You will lead the work of a development team, implement best practices, and introduce the tools and methodologies needed to ensure their products scale to meet ambitious growth targets. You will collaborate with Product, Marketing, and eCommerce to design, develop, and deliver features and experiences that reinforce the brand’s excitement with customers.
What’s in it for you
Influence and impact. This is an opportunity for someone with an innovative and strategic vision combined with expertise in B2C product development and people leadership to come in and make their mark. You will take the lead to evolve our client - from a technological perspective - from startup mode to a fully established brand. Your work will ensure the successful development and delivery of an outstanding, responsive, and scalable eCommerce experience, including mobile applications and SAP integrations. You will own the challenges and rewards of diving in to understand the current state and future needs, creating a roadmap that takes them to the next level as quickly as possible.
Stability and autonomy. You are looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and broaden your impact at a well-established, financially sound company launching in Canada. And, you would love to do it leading a nimble team that genuinely enjoys working together.
Culinary training - and tasting. This is a company founded on a passion for quality and food. As someone who shares that interest, you will have the chance to participate in food-focused training with the corporate head chef. With regular new products created in the test kitchen, there is always something to taste and try out.
What you will do
- Provide thought leadership. You will foster influential relationships across teams and become a trusted advisor, providing insights into key technology and product roadmap considerations. You will collaborate across teams to design, develop, and deliver complex technical solutions that adhere to best practices in eCommerce platform development and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Be a technical leader. You will provide direction to a team of third-party contractors and vendors building highly scalable consumer-facing products. and internationalization. You will provide technical guidance to ensure the team is focused on the highest impact priorities to hit company goals - whether business, code debt, architecture, or productivity related. You will lead and evolve methods for deployment pipelines for packaging, compression, caching, and internationalization.
- Grow the team. You will recruit and hire developers, identify and fill skills gaps within the team and individuals, and elevate their work and deliverables. You will create an environment that fosters collaboration, peer support, and engagement, maintain transparent communication and encourage knowledge and idea sharing. You will conduct performance reviews and empower team members to pursue professional development and a career path that proves challenging and rewarding.
What you bring:
- Leadership experience. You are passionate about leading and supporting Developers and guiding the successful delivery of complex B2C solutions, ideally in eCommerce. You continuously consider the experience of end-users and can strategically anticipate needs, drawing on past experiences, best practices, and market research to meet and exceed expectations in responsiveness, availability, and ease of use. You thrive in a leadership role working across teams, have an exceptional ability to bring together people and teams, and influence without authority to complete deliverables.
- Technical expertise. You have extensive experience in front and back-end coding with the practical and industry insights to plan and guide the direction of new product and feature development and delivery. You have experience building cloud-based solutions in Azure and GCP. You have technical expertise with CI/CD automation, Azure native tools, Google eCommerce platform. You have strong knowledge of SAP s/4 Hana and integrations, MACH and event-driven system architectures.
- Growth mindset. You are open to new ideas and processes and motivated to take on challenges. You have a genuine interest in introducing tools and technology. You can research and apply best practices and implement repeatable processes, draw on past insights and share knowledge with your team. You can rapidly respond to changes in priorities, the business, or the industry, and you are comfortable working with open-ended requirements.
- A collaborative approach. You have an easy-going personality and a passion for delicious food. You have professional communication skills and the confidence to present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. You can gain the trust of team members, share ideas, and inspire ownership and efficiency in their work. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of others.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can’t promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know