Director, Information & Communications Technology (CIO)
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (CIO)
We acknowledge with gratitude and respect that the name Coquitlam was derived from the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ word kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (kwee-kwuh-tlum) meaning “Red Fish Up the River”. The City is honoured to be located on the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) traditional and ancestral lands, including those parts that were historically shared with the sq̓əc̓iy̓aɁɬ təməxʷ (Katzie), and other Coast Salish Peoples.
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam offers meaningful career opportunities to make a difference within the local community. As the sixth largest city in BC, we are home to more than 150,000 residents. Our diverse municipality is a great place to work as it continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre. We envision a bright future in Coquitlam that we hope includes you!
Are you an accomplished leader with a passion for driving exceptional performance and achieving groundbreaking results in the realm of technology and innovation? If you're ready to make a significant impact on our city's technological landscape and have a proven track record of success, we want you to join our team.
The City of Coquitlam has a newly created position of Director, Information and Communications Technology (CIO). In this role you will lead our organization’s technology roadmap in alignment with Council’s Strategic vision for local government and business priorities. Working in partnership with leaders across all departments, you will spearhead the development and implementation of cutting-edge technologies that will help to unleash the full potential of our City. Your strategic leadership will provide clear direction and structure for citywide technology initiatives, ensuring seamless alignment across all departments and all platforms.
As Coquitlam’s Director, Information and Communications Technology (CIO) your impact will be:
· Crafting the future of the City’s Digital Strategy while fostering inter-departmental commitment to achieving objectives, and delivering tangible outcomes that benefit both the organization and the community.
· Cultivating trust with key interest holders to secure support for our technology and innovation initiatives.
· Expertly leading and engaging in change management as the City engages in technological evolution.
· Driving Technological Advancements to align technology with business needs, enhancing services for the City and its residents.
· Establishing and maintaining IT governance frameworks to ensure that technology investments and projects align with the City’s strategic priorities and budgetary constraints.
· Directing the development of annual operating business plans and budgets, aligning technology investments with the strategic objectives of the City.
· Evaluating IT Division performance, with a focus on identifying priorities and seizing opportunities for program improvement and policy change.
· Proactively engaging with elected Council members and staff to foster collaboration, address challenges and find innovative solutions.
· Taking action to implement corrective plans and overcome obstacles, ensuring excellence in our pursuits.
· Leading divisional human resources activities, selecting top-tier talent, and fostering a performance-driven, collaborative organization.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
· Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be meticulously considered.
· A minimum of 8 years of progressive leadership experience in relevant roles, with a proven history of delivering outstanding results.
· Extensive experience leading change in a public sector environment.
· Leading organizational wide digital strategy and innovation initiatives.
If you possess a drive for performance and innovation and are eager to lead our city to new technological heights, we encourage you to apply and be an integral part of our transformative journey. Together, we will shape the future of our city's technological landscape and achieve unparalleled success!
The City of Coquitlam is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards enhancing equitable practices in our recruitment and retention processes. As an organization we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment to support our growing and diverse work force.
If at any time during the application or recruitment process you require additional assistance or an accommodation please contact our team for confidential support. Staff can also provide in-person support if required.
To learn more about what equity, diversity, and inclusion means, and the City’s efforts in support of these principles, please visit coquitlam.ca/edi for more information.
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on October 31, 2023.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.