Director, IT Risk & Performance
SGI has made many new investments in technology. These specific changes represent the digital side of our Corporate Transformation also known as Digital Transformation. We have moved to an agile environment changing the way we think and embracing a totally new way of delivering work. SGI has been gradually transforming itself and will continue to do so in the years ahead. The successful individual for this role will be a team player, self sufficient, embrace change and embody SGI’s vision, mission, and values.
About the role
The Director, IT Risk & Performance will provide leadership for key IT risk and performance initiatives for SGI and SGI CANADA. This includes IT risk management, IT disaster recovery, IT business continuity, IT people and talent enablement, IT performance metrics, etc. You will be accountable for oversight of best practice design and execution of an embedded IT Risk Management Program.
You will ensure that IT risk and performance are managed in alignment with critical business services identified through the Business Continuity Management (BCM) program. You will also ensure governance of IT risks are in alignment with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) through oversight of ongoing management of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and enablement of the Board of Directors, Business and Senior Leadership through IT risk reporting.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of the operational and strategic IT Performance framework and related measurements and reports. You will lead the establishment of business oriented Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) tied to value, business impact and finances. You will also be an expert in the IT risk management field.
- A four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as Information Technology or Business.
- A relevant risk management certification such as Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation or a commitment to work towards completion.
- Ten years’ experience comprised of six years of leadership experience and four years’ experience in information technology risk management or enterprise risk management and insurance or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of risk management best practices, methodologies, and techniques.
- Knowledge of IT Risk domain analysis, new technology evaluation, and IT risk management.
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks applicable to the identification and assessment of IT Risk and mitigations.
- Knowledge of business processes, how they interact to support insurance operations to ground the IT Risks in business impact.
- Alternative combinations of relevant education and experience may also be considered.
Because SGI is a great place to work. We value integrity, caring, innovation and passion. We have an intentional culture that promotes trust and participation in a way that encourages employees to bring their hearts and minds to their work. Part of the SGI experience that our employees’ value most lies within the community comprised of their coworkers. The employee community isn’t the only reason our people stay at SGI; we also offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development to meet the needs of our employees. We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. Our careers are as diverse as our employees.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we encourage to apply even if you don’t tick every qualification of this posting. Leave the screening to us, we are always looking for great talent to join our team. Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on: Tuesday, February 28, 2023.