Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) outlining why you think you'd be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
As the Director of Marketing at Photonic, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our brand, establishing thought leadership, and nurturing key partnerships. You will work in a dynamic, small-team environment where adaptability and creative thinking are essential. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of marketing functions, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our growth and success. You will be directly involved in marketing programs, representing marketing at the executive level, and working closely with partners on co-marketing.
The Marketing team at Photonic is a small team. To be successful in this role, you will need to be very comfortable strategizing at the executive level, and equally happy rolling your sleeves up and executing daily tasks to increase overall team capacity and performance. The ability to manage these two aspects will be key to your success in this role.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy that positions Photonic successfully in the quantum space relative to competitors and in alignment with key partners. Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, adjust strategies as needed, and report progress to senior leadership.
Develop and execute a comprehensive brand strategy that resonates with our target audiences (customers, partners, and investors) and reflects our core values and mission. Ensure consistent branding across all channels and touchpoints.
Work closely with key partners and alliances to develop mutually beneficial marketing initiatives. Collaborate on co-branded campaigns, events, and activities to strengthen our market presence.
Establish Photonic as a thought leader in the quantum technology space. Develop and execute content marketing campaigns, whitepapers, webinars, and speaking engagements to highlight our expertise and innovations. Partner with the CQO office to develop deeply technical materials for select audiences.
Collaborate closely with the product development team to understand and champion our quantum technology offerings thoroughly. Refine our product positioning and strategies to drive awareness and alignment with Photonic brand and key partner objectives.
Build and manage a high-performing marketing team, providing guidance, mentorship, and clear goals. Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning.
Oversee the creation of engaging and relevant content for various channels, including website, social media, email campaigns, and marketing collateral.
Responsible for managing the marketing budget effectively and ensuring that resources are allocated to the most impactful marketing initiatives.
Stay informed about the latest trends, technologies, and competitors in the quantum technology industry. Use market insights to inform marketing strategies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- 10+ years marketing experience within the technology industry, plus a degree in marketing, communications, or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Considerable experience in co-marketing with partners
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of successful execution of marketing strategies and tactical execution
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including writing and editing
- Strong project and relationship management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Ability to build partnerships and effectively set up and keep relationships with internal and external clients and vendors
- Willingness to learn the basics of quantum technologies, the company’s products and services, and the market landscape
- Self-starter and able to work independently and lead cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate and translate complex technical issues for business users, investors, and potential customers
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience working with various marketing channels, metrics, marketing systems and marketing processes in a highly competitive market.
- Excellent interactive, communications, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, objectivity, and accountability
- Ability to work effectively with teams across the organization, external partners, and suppliers
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.