Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
You will play a critical role in managing and enhancing our relationship with a prominent partner. You will help drive clarity for ambiguous and complex scenarios through developed deep insights, strong cross-company collaboration, and exceptional program management skills.
This role demands a strategic thinker, excellent communicator, and a seasoned technical program manager with a deep understanding of our partner's needs and our company's capabilities. You will be responsible for aligning our technical resources, priorities, and initiatives to maximize the value of this partnership. You manage ambiguity well, creating simplicity from complex situations. Success in this role requires a balance between program manager depth, business acumen and technical breadth.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within both organizations, including executives, product managers, and technical leaders, to foster collaboration and drive successful outcomes. Recommend internal and external process improvements and facilitate cross-functional discussions and decision-making, to ensure we have optimized processes and alignment across all partner teams and external stakeholders.
Technical Program Management
Define, plan, and execute technical programs and projects related to the partnership, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within scope, and meet quality standards
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to allocate the necessary resources, such as science, engineering, product, marketing, and support, to meet partnership goals effectively
Identify potential risks and issues in the partnership and develop mitigation plans to minimize their impact on deliverables and objectives. Manage ambiguity well
Provide regular updates and reports to senior leadership and stakeholders on the progress of partnership initiatives, including successes, challenges, and areas for improvement
Maintain a deep understanding of Photonic’s products, roadmap, and strategy, as well as the partner's technology stack to facilitate technical discussions and identify opportunities for integration and innovation
Explore and propose new opportunities and initiatives to enhance the partnership's value proposition, which may include joint ventures, co-development projects, or new product offerings
Define and track key performance indicators to measure the success of the partnership, and continuously optimize strategies based on data-driven insights
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical Engineering, computer engineering, or related technical field AND 8+ years program management experience in a complex technology environment
- 10+ years’ experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects
- Experience driving executive-level communication and stakeholder management
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for learning and deploying new technologies
- Experience managing large-scale partnerships
- Strong program management skills, including experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of quantum computing, quantum communication, and related technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with external partners and internal teams
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.