Who we are
At ThrillWorks, we are accelerating impact through future-focused digital products and experiences. At our core, we’re catalysts - partners in digital acceleration who look at all of the angles, test and learn as we go and continuously look for the smartest way to propel results.
If it lives on a screen in the digital world, we build it. From websites to mobile apps to media campaigns and everything else in between, we build it all with humanity to delight your customers and rapidly achieve returns on your digital investment. Our team is there every step of the way to bring that experience to life. Because to us, digital is more than a medium, more than a lifestyle – it is life.
We know that unlocking digital value takes a (remote) diverse and insightful village. Everyone is a highly valued contributor and collaborator, bringing their expertise and perspective to make us a success. Together, we’re building impactful technology that is more than just a set of fancy features. Every facet is steeped in intentional choices, from the way it feels to the way it works - and above all, to how it serves the business needs of our clients.
Who you are
Reporting directly to the VP of Technology, we are looking for a Director, Software Testing interested in ensuring the quality and reliability of the web-based solutions and mobile apps that we develop. You will be building and executing robust testing strategies collaborating with the product and engineering teams and partnering with clients to ensure our solutions meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
What’s in it for you
Impact. At Thrillworks we are focused on recognizing opportunity and creating space and technologies that allow for experimentation and innovation. We are intentional in our work and collectively push each other beyond our comfort zone to achieve great things. We are fortunate to work on projects that are literally life changing. That includes, working with the top pharmaceutical companies in North America to further evolve their offerings in areas such as diabetic care and cardiac monitoring through web connected digital products.
Clarity and autonomy. We strive to empower employees to be an active part of our mission. That means ensuring everyone knows what we are working on and why; creating a space for idea sharing and innovation; and allowing people to make decisions without the constant need for approval. We believe in failing fast and succeeding together, collaborating on innovation and focusing on what’s best for our clients.
Challenges and growth. At Thrillworks, we know our people are our biggest asset and we do everything we can to make them feel recognized, heard, and appreciated. This is an opportunity to bring your insights and technical expertise to foster genuine influential relationships internally and externally, to have your ideas respected and come to life, and to make your mark on our processes, our solutions, and our engineering teams.
How you will make an impact:
- Strategic planning and test execution. You will work with the other leaders at Thrillworks to bring a visionary, meticulous and well-articulated testing strategy to every client engagement and solution we create. You will define, implement, maintain and improve test automation, including roadmap, tools, framework and approach. You will actively work with development and infrastructure teams, integrating test automation as part of a Continuous Delivery pipeline. You will oversee an automation test script feasibility study and script development efficiency.
- Business development support. You will help the leadership team identify new business opportunities and prepare Request for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI), Project, Resource & Estimate planning documents as per business needs.
- Build long-term relationships. You will grow your understanding of our clients, maintain transparent client communications and work with the internal teams to ensure high quality solutions that exceed their expectations. You will address technical issues, resolutions and mitigations within client agreed on timelines.
- People leadership. You will hire, grow, train and direct the software testing team, leading work on active projects and providing guidance to unblock their efforts. You will mentor and coach staff in best practices and overall career paths.
What you bring:
- The Agile leadership approach. You have the insights and instincts to hire, mentor, and manage next-generation leaders and junior software test engineers. You have expertly led software engineering test teams to successfully meet client deliverables and exceed expectations.
- The client management. You can foster positive relationships with partners, influence decision-makers, navigate conflict, and negotiate deliverables and timelines. You have an exceptional ability to draw on your in-depth technical knowledge and understanding of client business needs to effectively address, mitigate, and resolve issues.
- The technical experience. You have 10+ years of progressive experience in Software Testing, including 4+ managing a team and leading the automated testing strategy. You have an expansive technical toolbox which includes:
- Expertise with several test automation frameworks, e.g., Selenium, Appium, UI Automator etc.
- Experience developing high-quality test strategies and test execution specifically focused on cross-browser and cross-device testing.
- An ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous Integration and code coverage tools to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
- The interpersonal skills. We are a close-knit team and work together to solve problems. As a leader, you prioritize trust, transparency, and open communication within and across teams, sharing ideas and knowledge. You have flexible and effective communication skills and an appreciation for the diverse experience and approaches of your colleagues at any level.
- The growth mindset. You have a sincere desire to do better and inspire those around you to be better. You are a continuous learner, passionate about staying ahead of the curve, identifying new technologies and approaches to problems, and implementing best practices.
Thrillworks is technology with purpose and people passionate about that purpose and doing the right thing. Led by our CEO, we believe a great culture is nurtured by great leaders and brought to life by amazing people. Our work and our culture are guided by our values. We live them every day in the office, working remotely, with each other and with our clients. To us, these aren’t words on the website created by consultants, they are the reality and the aspiration - the now and the future.
- Unity. Through respect, trust, and empathy, we put our egos aside in service of greatness. Collaboration isn’t optional.
- Curiosity. We’re always on the move with a “What if?” attitude. We like to think of ourselves as adventurous problem-solvers.
- Courage. We’re not afraid to try new things and challenge what’s been done before. Even when things aren’t great, we own the result.
- Passion. We want to be difference-makers, vocal optimists who believe we and our work can always be better.
What we do is the product of who we are and how we think. We’re challenging ourselves to do better than what’s been done before because everyone knows you can’t sit still in this rich, ever-evolving industry. We’re open to nerding out if you are. Apply now.
If you are driven by curiosity and have a passion for making a difference, and continuously pursue the next level in all that you do, we’d love to talk to you.
Thrillworks is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We believe Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion builds stronger and more successful teams, and we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
To learn more about what we do, please visit our website