Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
The Senior Director of Business Intelligence and Data Management is seeking a data-driven leader for the new Director of Systems role at FH. This unique opportunity supports a growing team while developing and executing a systems strategy that identifies the usage of modern tools and technology stack to support strategic organizational data-driven initiatives.
The vision for CAADSI is to be national leaders in digitally transforming healthcare, prioritizing exceptional experiences for patients and providers, revolutionizing care delivery and harnessing the power of virtual care for a seamless, equitable and easily accessible high quality health system.
Our ideal candidate is a clear, caring and courageous leader that brings current knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies, a strategic approach, healthcare project implementation experience and a technical mindset. While fostering collaboration, the senior leader will manage a team of systems engineering staff while identifying opportunities for process improvements and automation. This leader will be an advocate for continuous innovation and an agile mentor capable of attending to both transactional deliverables and team development.
The Director is accountable for:
- Formulating project plans with the business areas and/or providing input into operational or strategic plans while managing applications and core infrastructure and Business Intelligence systems;
- Managing the team responsible for the maintenance of servers and services in collaboration with data scientists, analysts and other teams while providing access to high-quality data and supporting cross-functional data initiatives;
- Researching and analyzing market, technology and industry trends and standards related to technologies for the purposes of addressing business needs with a focus on leveraging data;
- Evaluating innovation driven technologies, improving efficiency and shaping the strategic direction of the organization through appropriate technology selection and incorporation into the application development roadmap;
- Managing intersections with Provincial Health Services Authority and other Information Technology partners to ensure diligent change control across interdependent systems while effectively working with business partners, source system teams, project managers and IT staff;
- Supervising designated staff and contractors while establishing clear definitions of responsibilities, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules for clear expectations;
- Conducting employee appraisals, facilitation and investigating work and staff issues while recruiting staff and contractors to ensure goals and objectives of the department are met; and
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data requirements and provide insights; and
- Planning and allocating resources effectively to meet project deadlines and objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Expertise in the development of applications and systems engineering approaches, implementations and techniques;
- Senior leadership and management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Swetlana Patnaik, Client Partner of Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition at email@example.com.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.