Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
Electrical Engineers at Photonic designs and optimizes high-precision current sources, as well as using your expertise to contribute to the design of Photonics groundbreaking quantum computing system. You will design digital and analog electronic circuits for implementing truly scalable quantum computers. You will be comfortable working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, and scientists. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an engineer passionate about pushing the limits of technology and contributing to groundbreaking advancements.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Design, develop, and optimize high-precision current sources for electromagnetic systems
- Conduct thorough analysis and testing to ensure the stability and accuracy of current sources
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and specifications for current source applications
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in electrical engineering, particularly in the field of high-precision current sources
- Provide technical expertise and support for the integration of current sources into larger electronic systems
- Source required parts, equipment, and work with relevant vendors
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5 years of industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in designing high-precision, high-stability current sources
- Solid understanding of electronic components, circuit design, and feedback control systems.
- Proficiency in simulation and analysis tools for electronic circuits
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Multiphysics simulation tools such as HFSS or COMSOL
- Experience with mixed signal or RF design
- Experience with electronics designed for vacuum and cryogenic operation
- Experience with low power or low temperature electronics
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. It would be awesome if you had some familiarity with quantum physics, mathematics, and programming, but we will ensure that team members will have the opportunity to learn about quantum computing as we grow.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The base annual salary range for this full-time role is between $91,000 to $125,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all Canadian locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.