Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Photonic, you are an integral part of the Quantum Development team. You will work closely with high-performing teams of product engineers and scientists with expertise spanning device physics to classical computer architecture and compilers.
You will develop, prototype, and implement key solutions for our silicon-based quantum computer architecture. You will also be responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining quality firmware for optimizing the performance of our qubit architecture. You enjoy the thrill of learning new technology and new science, while bringing your significant embedded software expertise, open mind, and creativity to tackle key challenges as we build the world’s first truly scalable quantum computing system.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software for our quantum computing architecture.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary teams to conceive, design, and bring innovative quantum services to market
- Contribute to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, scalability, and stability of the system resources.
- Provide high-quality documentation of code, design, and testing results.
- Work through ambiguous or undefined problems and think abstractly to come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Validate and integrate new designs.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality products.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Collaborate with the team to tailor fault-tolerant architectures to real-world silicon devices
- Train, guide, and develop current and new team members
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in electrical engineering, plus 5+ years of real time, embedded software development experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience in developing embedded systems as well as troubleshooting problems associated in an embedded environment.
- Experience in design of embedded systems with real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Proven experience with C, C++ and/or low-level languages (Assembler)
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Proficiency in working with Python or other modern programming languages.
- Familiarity with Version Management (SVN), to ensure the traceability of code modifications and to allow several developers to work on the same project.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of hardware design. There will be often interaction with electronic boards and systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express complex technical concepts in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in rapidly changing research environment
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve engineering problems
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- You will be a valuable member of a start-up company, working with senior leadership, scientists, engineers, and other team members
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.