Start: January or May 2024
To Apply: include resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application
Eavor /evər/, is disrupting the business of energy with its geothermal technology.
We are a private company founded in 2017 and we leverage oil and gas technology, along with creating our own proprietary solutions, to push the boundaries on what is possible. We have created the world’s first ever closed-loop geothermal system and built a prototype demonstration facility in Alberta.
We are progressing a pipeline of commercial projects in Northern Europe, Canada, United States, and Japan. We have clients and partners around the world who, like us, are committed to providing an environment where we enable quality learning experiences and mentoring with a group of professionals.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and entrepreneurial EITs (Engineer in Training) who want to push the limits of what is possible, want to do things differently, and want to boost the possibilities available for creating new energy sources.
WHAT THIS MEANS
Opportunity! To learn, to grow, to get in on the ground floor of ground-breaking technology and be part of disrupting the way things have been done.
SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working within a multidisciplinary international team in one of three engineering departments, you will use your technical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to commercialize the world’s first closed-loop geothermal systems. The successful candidate will work on projects throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, and there is ample potential for career growth and professional development in our rapidly expanding technology start-up.
Eavor provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with upside opportunity. The EITs in this role, regardless of department, will be learning in that role, receiving both formal training and informal mentorship from senior team members and assisting with technical tasks. There will be opportunity to travel and be exposed to the business aspects of being a privately owned startup such as corporate development and fundraising in the capital markets.
Engineering Team Descriptions
- The development engineering team is one of the first technical points of contact in the project development cycle and members of the team act as the quarterback for coordinating multi-disciplinary activities up until the end of the feasibility stage.
- Support business development and project planning efforts by liaising with internal and external stakeholders and performing tasks such as: preparing and giving presentations, using Eavor’s CRM software, running Eavor’s techno-economic models, responding to RFPs, proposal and technical report writing.
- The systems engineering team uses their expertise in thermodynamics and modeling to analyze the detailed aspects of an Eavor-Loop system.
- The team creates and maintains Eavor’s internal tools to develop optimal Eavor-Loop designs, ensuring that all relevant factors are considered and that the solution maximizes performance and efficiency for direct heat use and electricity generation applications.
- The drilling and completions team works on detailed well designs, drilling programs, procurement of equipment and services to produce cost estimates, execution of operations, and performs lookbacks and technical writing to improve operational excellence.
- The team also works on cutting edge research and development activities, inventing and modifying tools and testing them at the lab and field scale to enable Eavor to drill hotter and deeper and maintain its competitive advantage.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a recent Engineering graduate (2020 or later), with a minimum Bachelor of Engineering degree, with the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship
- No professional experience required
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Dynamics, and SharePoint)
- Experience writing VBA, Python, R, or MATLAB code; Spotfire and PowerBI experience is also an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent communication abilities
- Passion for renewable energy and a desire for continuous learning
- Ability to regularly travel to EU is preferred
Why Eavor Technologies Inc.?
Our company is committed to providing an environment where we enable quality learning experiences and mentoring with a group of professionals. We will help grow your professional career in our quickly expanding company.
What we bring to the table:
- Flexible working environment
- Benefits package which includes health, dental and life
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative working environment
- Company sponsored professional development
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
- Competitive compensation package
- New and freshly renovated office space
- Hybrid working environment
About Eavor Technologies Inc.
Eavor (pronounced “Ever”) is a private technology-based energy company led by a team dedicated to creating a clean, reliable, and affordable energy future on a global scale. Eavor’s solution, the Eavor-Loop™, represents the world’s first truly scalable form of clean, dispatchable, and flexible power. Eavor achieves this by mitigating or eliminating many of the issues that have traditionally hindered geothermal energy. Eavor instead circulates a benign working fluid that is completely isolated from the environment in a closed-loop, through a massive subsurface radiator.
Eavor’s first commercial project at Geretsried, Germany, which broke ground in October 2022 and commenced drilling in July 2023, will provide clean baseload energy for district heating and power generation. Operating under a natural thermosiphon requiring no pump and no aquifer, clean fresh water will circulate through the radiator carrying the heat from 4,500m depth to surface.
On March 9, 2023, Eavor announced that it was awarded a €91.6 million grant from the European Innovation Fund, in support of the project at Geretsried. With no greenhouse gas emissions during operation, Eavor-Loop™ is an environmentally friendly solution that can be installed virtually anywhere, providing the EU and the world with a scalable, secure source of renewable heat and power. An on-site visitor centre is being built and will be open to the public for those interested in learning more.
All candidates applying to Eavor Technologies Inc. must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.