Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
Reporting to the Sr Director, DevSecOps, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer. You will join our cross-functional Member Clicks products squads that embrace a DevOps philosophy in their development processes. They appreciate the "you build it - you run it" mentality. As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you will bring subject matter expertise to the team's ongoing efforts.
Who you are
You are an experienced software development or automation delivery professional who knows that DevOps is not just about automation and genuinely believes that collaboration is the only way to develop quality products, with all engineering roles contributing to the codebase - and the success of the application. You have an in-depth understanding of infrastructure, security, automation, and DevOps. You may be at the intermediate level looking for the next step up and a place to grow your career. Or, you may be at the senior level already, looking to introduce and implement your insights and best practices. You think like an engineer - solving complex problems in logical ways, building processes, and ensuring scalability and resilience. You know how to build cloud infrastructure without an existing foundation, and how to improve upon a baseline framework.
What’s in it for you
Exposure, impact, and influence. You want to be part of a self-organized, self-directed, collaborative team of Software Engineers that plans their own approach, chooses the technologies they need, and creates the process for themselves while ensuring high quality outcomes. Our mobile applications are built on-demand, meeting a genuine need. For hundreds, thousands, and even tens of thousands of end-users. These are customized iterations for our clients, filling their need to ensure their members can navigate massive events, spaces, and itineraries with ease and accuracy. You will see your ideas come together - and make their way into the hands of end-users within weeks or days.
Cutting-edge technology. We use Docker Containers, Kubernetes; AWS cloud infrastructure to build and launch real world applications, such as MC Trade or MC Professional , used by thousands of people. You will have the autonomy to work with and earn certification in some of the best tools for security and automation in AWS right now. This is an opportunity to expand your understanding of best practices for delivery of cloud-based managed applications (e.g., DevOps, Immutable Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, etc.) - and apply that knowledge directly to how we design, develop, and deploy new applications and features.
Collaboration and career growth. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, even 15 years. And, we have people who've joined us recently. The management team at Personify is supportive and encourages professional development, creating space for you to grow in your hands-on skills and people leadership with the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that’s what you need to do your best work.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide solutions. You will work closely with the product managers, software engineers, and customer-facing teams to understand business requirements, detail possibilities, and develop improvements in delivery pipelines, prioritizing security and quality.
- Collaborate to solve problems. You will provide mentorship and guidance, helping others achieve their goals, contributing ideas, and embracing proposals of your peers. You will react to incidents, providing expertise during service interruptions. You will be part of an on-call rotation. Participate with other engineers in the on-call rotation.
- Manage relationships. You will work in close partnership with our hosting providers and other third-party vendors.
What you bring:
- The expertise. You have a combination of software engineering and automation/cloud engineering experience gained over the last 5 years. You have an understanding of best practices for delivery of AWS cloud-based managed applications, including DevOps, Immutable Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, etc.
- The technical toolbox. You have worked with a range of modern technologies and you are eager to learn more tools. You have hands-on experience with AWS. You are familiar with how Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins and understand how they work together for containerization.
- The collaborative approach. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership and practice active listening and empathetic engagement across diverse perspectives. You are driven to stay at the cutting edge of technology, continuously learning and growing. You have outstanding communication skills. You respond to change by adapting.
- The knowledge. You can explain why you made certain choices and how you would improve the security and automation using newer technology. You have a quality mindset and dedication to delivering high-quality products.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.