We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company motivated by our passion for empowering digital marketers to achieve success with their campaigns. With intuitive landing page builders and a comprehensive suite of AI-powered features, our Conversion Intelligence platform helps you grow smarter.
Our team's technical expertise and creativity work together to drive our mission forward every day. We aim to continue being an innovative and inspiring company that both our customers and employees admire—and we invite our future team members to join us!
About the role:
The Core Infrastructure team is responsible for the core platform infrastructure that supports Unbounce’s products and services. The team ensures that Unbounce’s underlying infrastructure is in good health so that other teams can focus on delivering customer value.
As an Engineering Manager for the Core Infrastructure team, your primary focus is assisting your team to achieve its mission of helping other teams deliver value and upholding Unbounce’s engineering infrastructure standards and operational excellence. On a daily basis, you will rely on your experience having coached and mentored developers at all levels. As an experienced technologist, you will help inform the building of performant, reliable and scalable systems, and guide the management of technical tradeoffs with your bigger picture thinking.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing and leading members of the core infrastructure team
- Providing coaching in 1:1s and performance reviews while providing ongoing feedback
- Responsible for team health, including everyone’s ability to bring their best selves to work creating a positive, diverse and inclusive environment for your team to do their best work
- Support Core Infrastructure’s technical strategy and work with the team on defining and setting the technical direction for Unbounce’s core infrastructure
- Facilitate and support team ceremonies
- Remain hands on and contribute technically to the teams work
- Communicate ongoing initiative status, blockers and work with the team on prioritizing tasks that ensure Unbounce’s operational excellence
- Work with other engineering leaders on understanding gaps in our current infrastructure and security stance, gather requirements for improvements and translate them into scalable platform solutions.
- Foster strong relationship and effective communication across teams outside of Engineering such as InfoSec
- Maintain relationships with external vendors that fall within the Core Infrastructure team’s domain such as AWS
A little bit about you:
- You have 5+ years experience in Software Engineering with a focus on platform development and infrastructure
- You have engineering management experience with direct reports, and are excited about helping shape people’s careers
- You have experience with distributed systems, cloud computing and containerization technologies (e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- You are passionate about Platform services and working with other developers on understanding their pain points and ensuring they have the tools and infrastructure they need to deliver value to customers
- You have experience managing relationships with external vendors and account managers
- You have strong communication skills and are able to work cross teams and with stakeholders within the organization such as the infoSecurity team
Share our values:
- Being Real
- Bias for Action
- Grow People
- Create the Future
- Self Leadership
What’s in it for you:
💵 Compensation range
- $137,300 - $185,000
🤝 Flexibility and time off
- A digital-first, distributed working model with flexible hours -- for this role, we will consider all applications from those based in Canada*, with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Closure: December 25th - January 1st
- One paid day off on your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
🩺 Health and wellness
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and generous mental health support options – all available on day 1
- 12 personal wellness days
- $500 health and wellness allowance**
- Parental leave and planned reintegration program
- Org-wide and employee-led DEI and growth initiatives
- Professional development time and budget
🌟 More perks!
- One-time work-from-home allowance - $500
- An annual allowance of $1,000 that you can choose to use towards your vacation, or put toward your RRSP contribution**
* Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
** These amounts will be prorated based on your start date.
Unbounce welcomes you to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others we learn from each other. We innovate and co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
If you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process, please email us at email@example.com.