You are a technologist with oodles of experience with .NET programming, Kubernetes, network / server development and Microservices architecture. You dabble with Dev Ops technologies like Terraform, Ansible, or Fabric. You are a big fan of software design patterns, enjoy reading the occasional tech journals and sketching out Cloud Architectural diagrams. You are results-driven, detail-oriented and always seek self-improvement.
You also have an interest in gaming, tinkering with multiplayer games programming and are looking for a friendly game studio filled with like-minded individuals with a team who prizes integrity, transparency and personal growth.
Pocket Pinata Interactive is looking for such an individual to join our game development family as an Intermediate Software Engineer (SDE1) in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Collaborate with artists, producers, designers and other engineers with nominal technical supervision in an agile development environment
- Assess visual, technical and design specifications and provide timely constructive feedback and reasonably accurate work estimates with nominal technical supervision
- Proactively gets up-to-speed on assigned game projects with nominal technical supervision
- Proactively gets up-to-speed on assigned work with minimal supervision
- Design features and systems to spec according to the studio's systems security standards with nominal technical supervision
- Implement features and systems to spec and on time according to the studio's code quality and systems security standards with minimal supervision
- Own the project systems assigned and the code touched - its technical design and its quality; fix and improve its design and quality so that it’s aligned with the studio’s code quality and system security standards as needed
- Troubleshoot and fix easily reproduced technical issues in a reasonable time with minimal supervision
- Communicate and document technical designs and decisions effectively in verbal or written form, via diagrams, documents, and/or code comments with nominal technical supervision
- Update and expand your technical knowledge and skills to stay ahead of industry developments
- Adhere and promote the studio culture, values, and processes/systems including time and activity tracking
Project responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot system issues and formulate solutions which minimizes the risk of side effects
- Work with client and server software teams to improve performance, scalability, durability and security
- Actively engage in technical discussions with engineering peers to share opinions and to incorporate ideas
- Participate in a rotational on-call program to troubleshoot server impacting issues.
You are a great fit for the position if you have…
- 3+ years of overall professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of .NET programming experience.
- Industry experience operating/developing Server applications and APIs.
- Industry experience working with AWS technology
- Experience with Unity 3D’s build, Input, GUI and 2D systems
- Knowledgeable on concepts of data oriented programming and design.
- Knowledgeable on multithreaded programming and design in .NET
- Knowledgeable on typical multi-tier architectures: web services, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Knowledgeable on software design, Microservices Architecture and REST Web services
- Knowledgeable on database technologies, in particular relational databases like MySQL, MSSQL, and ORMs like EntityFramework.
- Knowledgeable with authoritative servers and communications (multiplayer gameplay / stock trading)
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies & DevOps principles
- A detail-oriented mindset with a strong ability to multitask
- Knowledgeable in applying Clean Code Principles
- A proactive, forward thinking and collaborative with others
Having the following skills is a plus…
- Knowledgeable with IaaC (infrastructure as code) eg. Terraform.
- Knowledgeable on containerization services (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience administering and deploying services with CI/CD tools.
- Experience shipping games on mobile (Android, IOS)
- Experience with regulated software (Bank compliance)
- Core understanding of game development, mechanics and structure.
- Dev Ops experience, specifically with AWS, VMWare and Hashicorp based utilities.
- Experience with Build pipelines and services deployment with Jenkins.
- Familiarity with cloud networking infrastructure setup and management.
- Knowledge of UML