Entry-Level Web Developer
ImprovingCalgary2 days ago
Job Posting – Entry-Level Web Developer
Created: February 17, 2021
Role: Entry-Level Web Developers, multiple positions
Employment type: Full-time, starting May 2021
Location: Calgary, AB
Are you a budding Web Developer looking to jump-start your career in consulting? Join us to create, develop, and deliver superior solutions for a variety of clients. Have access to a high-performing team of leading developers. Share your passion of modern web development technologies and practices. Work with peers to further develop knowledge and gain mentorship from fellow developers.
What You’ll Do
- Build your competency in using languages and web frameworks, such as Angular, Vue, and React.
- Solve business problems by leveraging modern web technologies.
- Apply web and software development best-practices.
- Follow Agile principles and Scrum-based techniques and processes.
- Increase your skillset in implementing functionality with an awareness of performance, design, reliability, and scalability.
- Work with technical teams in code/design.
- Establish rapport and build relationships with project stakeholders and the clients’ technical teams by leveraging your interpersonal skills.
- Support clients with sound recommendations on critical decisions and identify opportunities.
- Located in Calgary or plan to be living in Calgary when in-office work returns.
- A team-oriented individual bitten by the programming bug with a knack for problem solving.
- A driven learner who values continuous improvement personally and professionally.
- Always ready to solve technical challenges with an analytical and creative mindset.
- Someone who is eager to gain knowledge in a wide range of business sectors and explore new technology.
- A recent graduate interested in delivering products to market and implementing enterprise line-of-business solutions to meet the needs of companies.
- A graduate of a post-secondary program in Computer Science, Software Development, or a related field.
Why You Should Apply
- Receive support and mentorship from the brightest, most experienced professionals in the industry.
- Gain exposure to multiple industries and technologies.
- Benefit from project delivery support and mentoring in your client engagements.
- Opportunity to attend Improving’s public training offerings to expand your technical skills and achieve relevant industry certifications (e.g. PSM, PSPO).
- Participate in our in-house ImprovingU technical and personal development courses.
- Connect, engage, and have fun within a positive, inclusive atmosphere.
- Enjoy a work culture that encourages growth and continuous learning to achieve greatness.
- Learn, grow, and share in the success and accomplishments with our clients and the Improving team.
Improving is a consulting company so many of our open positions depend on contractual agreements with our clients. Timing, required skills, and responsibilities may vary based on client engagement.