WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. We empower our team to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting directly to the Team Lead of Network Services, this position is responsible for Westman’s Customer Premise Equipment hardware (CPE) in relation to cleaning, testing, updating, documenting, and proper disposal. The Equipment Redeployment Technician is also responsible for the end-to-end process for CPE rejuvenation working with Management Information Systems (MIS) and Network Services to ensure the most effective method is in place.
What you’ll do:
- Along with MIS and Network Services, develop and implement an improved method of redeployment
- Collaborate with our Consumer Devices and Products Analyst to improve the redeployment process and develop individual platform procedures
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve the CPE inventory control process
- Clean, test, and validate CPE prior to customer deployment
- Stock and remove returned CPE from customer service cabinets; return, track, and document CPE for service repairs where applicable
- Provide shipping & receiving functions and documentation as required
- Maintain inventory levels based on forecasts and predefined requirements; secure inventory in an organized manner and safe location
- Prepare inventory for deployment and provide accessibility to authorized team members for work orders and vehicle restocking
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Experience with productivity tools (Word, Excel, Inventory Control Software)
- Experience with Docsis and FTTx modems, as well as Wi-Fi technologies such as Calix, Hiltron, Ubiquity, etc.
- Experience with Android devices such as Evo, Amino, Amazon, Pontis, etc.
- Understanding of TR-069, TR-369 methodologies.
- Previous warehouse experience and warehouse management software is considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills as well as a strong understanding of inventory controls and asset management
- Ability to improve processes and troubleshoot
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, especially in a customer service environment
- Valid certification in Emergency First Aid
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as Carts, Pallet Jacks, and lift devices as required
- Must be a good team worker, have a strong work ethic, and thrive in a dynamic and continuously changing environment
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.