Black Diamond rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, we also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. We serve diverse sectors including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government, and education.
Since our humble beginnings as a small operation in 2003, we’ve grown to encompass four separate business units, and earned a world class reputation, and a track record of over-delivering on promises.
We offer a career, not a job in an environment known for strength, flexibility and brilliance. Like a diamond we look for people who will grow stronger and shine brighter in a fast pace and challenging environment.
We have a full-time position for an ERP Business Analyst in Calgary, AB
The role of the ERP Business Analyst is to oversee the planning, development, and administration of the Black Diamond business ERP systems. The ERP Business Analyst will ensure there is consistency in policies, procedures, standards, and processes across the applications while designing the different environments.
the ERP Business Analyst elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis. The the ERP Business Analyst critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguishes user requests from underlying true needs. The ERP Business Analyst will drive and challenge the Business on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
Working within the IT team and reporting to the Senor Data Architect, the ERP Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding the problems and goals of Black Diamond, lead analysis of requirements and solutions, plan change strategies, drive change and facilitate stakeholder collaboration.
The ERP Business Analyst will be a key contributor to the IT support team who can solve organizational information problems by analyzing requirements, engaging in process improvement, and making recommendations on system controls and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the continuous operational support for business process improvements in line with the strategic goals of the organization
- Document, develop and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards, as well as updating system documentation
- Bring innovation into business processes with the aim of positively impacting the results obtainable from the business process
- Able to analyze, model, monitor, and measure business processes
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed
- Utilize proper project management methodologies to deploy business application/systems and processes
- Troubleshooting with end users across all business units to assist staff in resolving system issues.
- Update and manage business configuration requests including management of user access and privileges.
- Coordinate remote sessions across business units to enhance communication and user adoption
- Provide initial ERP-related training to new hires
- Identifying data defects and assist in their resolution including configuring solutions, where applicable
- Assisting with finance data preparation and/or cleansing.
- Assisting in facilitation working sessions and documenting results with finance and operations subject matter experts to document pain point of current business processes to gather requirements for a new ERP system
- Ensuring load templates are created for in-scope data objects.
- Performing initial completeness check on finalized functional design specifications.
- Escalate issues and identify opportunities in a timely, effective manner to the Senior Data Architect
- Support and react fast to any rapid change in market condition towards improving the organization’s business processes.
- Other tasks which involve deep applications and business process knowledge as directed by the Senior Data Architect.
- Post-Secondary Degree in related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of functional experience in ERP implementation.
- Hands-on knowledge of and experience with ERP applications.
- Experience with Extract/Transform/Load projects.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques to identify data defects and assist in their resolution.
- Experience clarifying functional design specifications as well as the ability to develop technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Supporting the UAT process, including designing test scripts, requirements gathering, design workshops, development specifications, etc. as well as testing and validating data transformations and load results.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications
- Continuous improvement mindset to improve existing processes.
- Have desire and aptitude to work in technical, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team Experience in modular building industry an asset.
For more information, please visit www.BlackDiamondGroup.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Black Diamond, our value of respect in the workplace is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
Company: Black Diamond Group