Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Applications and working on the integration team, we are looking for an ETL Cloud Developer. You will play a vital role in designing, developing and supporting a new real estate cloud-based data platform that supports global asset investment portfolios.
Our new cloud-based ELT/ETL/AWS/AIS solution is a modern big data cloud-based architecture leveraging a combination of new bleeding-edge technologies. As a global commercial real estate solution used daily by some of the largest investment firms; quality, reliability and scalability are essential requirements. You will work across the organization coordinating with development, product management, client management and company leadership to ensure data collection follows best practices.
This is a remote opportunity for someone living and working in the Eastern Standard Time zone and the flexibility to adapt to offshore hours occasionally.
What's in it for you
Impact and access to cutting-edge technology. Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively pursuing the latest iterations of modern technologies. You want to be part of a complex data modelling, continuously iterating as we work on more projects and the data evolves. You will have the chance to work across all levels as you play an integral part in our growing Managed Services business.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to expand your skills and grow your exposure. This may include the chance to move into a more senior technical role on this team or another or grow into a people management role if that interests you.
What you will focus on:
- Understanding the source system. You will conduct sourcing system data and documentation analysis and audit.
- Elicit needs. You will build an understanding of the user requirements, capturing and documenting business rules.
- Design. You will create the Initial Source-to-Target mapping document to capture the source to target-data-flow with the business rules. You will develop Mappings, Workflows, and processes in the Big Data Cloud environment. You will create test plans and scripts, conduct unit and integration testing, maintain the test results and fine-tune ETL/ELT/AWS/AIS processes.
- Quality assurance. You will analyze and understand new requirements and follow best practices to implement the requested changes. You will update the ETL design documentation, Source-to-Target spreadsheets, and Software Design Specifications for all Business Areas.
- Create. You will develop appropriate scripts and functions, procedures and packages, auditing, logging and monitoring rules. You will create and maintain Materialized View scripts to aggregate data. You will work closely with Application Development teams to understand and deliver the data necessary to support the application objectives.
- Support. You will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of Mappings, Work-flows, Stored Procedures and processes for all Business areas of the Big Data Platform.
What our new ETL Cloud Developer has:
- The technical background. You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or a related field. You have experience designing, developing, and maintaining ETL/ELT programs and performance tuning. You have a deep understanding of the underlying data models and design and development of scripts as well as business analysis, process modelling, Data modelling and Data warehouse techniques and concepts, including SQL, NoSQL, Star and Snowflake Schema. You have worked in a Windows/UNIX environment and have end-to-end experience with at least one professional application development lifecycle. Hands-on experience with Jitterbit, Celigo, AWS Glue and Azure AIS is considered as an added advantage.
- The industry interest. You have a keen enthusiasm for growing your knowledge in a new industry. You may have exposure to or can quickly build your understanding of real estate functions such as Valuation, Property Management, Underwriting, Tenant lease data, Portfolio Management, and Reporting.
- The interpersonal skills. You have flexible and effective communication skills and the ability to elicit and translate business requirements into technical specifications. You can build strong working relationships across any level of an organization.