At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members , and are one of the largest technology solutions providers in Canada, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our client.
Microserve is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to be a supportive force who empowers our Executive Leadership Team. This role will a hybrid role based in BC with an expectation of in-office days at our headquarters in Burnaby, BC. While this role is fixed for 12-months there is ample opportunity within Microserve for there to be options for aa full-time permanent position based on the selected candidate’s career goals and aspirations.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to details. This person should have experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to executives. Given the dynamic nature of the executive landscape, we rely on executive assistants to be flexible and consistent while maintaining the confidentiality of high-level systems and our day-to-day operations. You will also assist in coordinating Microserve’s leadership planning cadence, general administrative tasks, office management and support various organizational needs. We are looking for a “trusted partner” who can handle the daily challenges, streamline operations, and ensure the smooth functioning of the business.
The successful candidate will be extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail, time management, and professional communication skills. In addition, they will have solid overall business acumen, approach every task and challenge with energy and tenacity, and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Schedule and manage meetings and other calendar events, including sending and accepting electronic invitations, as well as creating and distributing relevant materials in advance.
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure that senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
- Participate in team, management, and executive meetings, take and distribute minutes and action items, and follow up on their completion.
- Coordinate complex scheduling and calendar management, as well as content and flow of information to senior executives.
- Being the point of contact for general communications for the Executives they support
- Assist in drafting and sending communications and correspondence.
- Create, manage, and file monthly expenses.
- Assist with travel arrangements and keep track of itineraries.
- Complete reports and assist with special projects as requested.
- Manage employee vacation calendars for supported teams.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations.
- Participate in event planning.
- Assist with general office management duties.
- Provide additional support to executive team members, as directed, to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished and that operations run efficiently.
- Support the coordination of personal calendars and activities as requested
- Provide general administrative duties as requested
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Education in business or related field is an asset
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an administrative role reporting directly to upper management is preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Event coordination experience is an asset
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Compensation and Benefits:
- In accordance with the BC Pay Transparency Act the range for this role for BC residents is $49,000.00 - $57,000.00 annually
- Paid vacations
- Additional 5 personal days
- Sick days
- Extended Medical and Dental plan from day one
At Microserve, we gather compensation benchmarking data across BC & Canada for our roles and use that data to build a salary range for our current team and future talent. Your exact salary is determined based on a combination of your relevant experience, skill, competencies, and internal pay equity. If you feel like this role is your dream job and have questions about compensation and benefits please get in touch with us as we are always happy to discuss further. At Microserve we believe that compensation conversations should always be ongoing.