WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the President/ CEOs calendar, logistical requirements for on-site and off-site meetings, and organize travel itineraries, accommodation, and event registration arrangements. Prepare and submit expense reports through collating receipts, entering expense reports upon receipt.
- Prepare correspondence and presentation materials for executive use as well as general and administrative support including: making edits to and format documents, photocopying, maintaining an electronic filing system, mail sorting, telephone screening and drafting responses to semi-routine inquiries.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to support regular quarterly management reporting for the Board, ensuring meeting materials are gathered, edited, formatted, and distributed in time and error-free.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters efficiently, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential information; and interact effectively with all levels of management, other departments, internal and external customers using tact and subtlety in all dealings.
- Anticipate issues and take appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of the President/ CEO’s time; advise of upcoming priorities on a timely basis.
- Act as the primary administrative support resource for the Board and its committees, supporting agenda creation, meeting material distribution and minute taking, as well as other ad hoc support/administrative activities as required.
- Involved in preparation, submission, and management of the annual budgets for the Board and President/ CEO’s Office. This includes processing various expenses and invoices payments.
- Organize various corporate events and various staff recognition events and giveaways.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in providing administrative and/or secretarial support to senior management and a post-secondary certificate in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related program OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient use of PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes accountability for their work while adhering to deadlines and can make decisions by exercising sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage changing and competing priorities while being proactive in anticipating needs.
- Demonstrated business professionalism, proven ability to handle confidential information and appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up is required.
- Highly innovative and creative thinker with the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Flexibility to be available outside of normal work hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines is a must.
Deadline for applications: Open until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.