About the Role
We’re looking for a Field Data Scientist I / Junior Field Data Scientist to join ThinkData Works as a key member of our Data team. This role will involve hands-on data analytics as well as the development of connectors and dashboards. Our ideal candidate wants to be part of a team that solves real-world problems and enables clients to use better data and use data better.
What You’ll be Doing
Reporting to the Director of Data, the Field Data Scientist I plays a key role in the delivery of data products and solutions by:
- Conducting research to identify data sources and data products for specific client requirements
- Building connectors to data sources, QA-ing and wrangling datasets to conform to ThinkData standards
- Wrangling and analyzing existing datasets to solve a specific problem
- Creating visualizations or otherwise packaging datasets as data products as solutions to specific problems
- Communicating with clients and maintaining 1-3 active client deployments concurrently
What you’ll bring
- Design and build data products. You have a degree in Statistics / Mathematics or Data Science, in addition to 1-3 years of relevant experience, and knowledge and experience in Python, R and/or Ruby. Knowledge of any additional programming languages is an asset.
- Wrangle data. You have had hands-on experience with data wrangling using scripts and a variety of tools, such as Pandas, OpenRefine or similar. You are familiar with basic statistical concepts.
- Visualize data. You have working knowledge of one more visualization tools: Tableau, Excel, Power BI etc. and have the ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Go Beyond. You are tenacious and enjoy solving a wide variety of problems – be it research, data wrangling, or data analysis – and possess the ability to think outside the box to reach solutions. You can switch contexts easily going from heads down research one day to data wrangling on another to building connectors on yet another.
- Collaborate. You can work as part of the team, or work autonomously. You are adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to a dynamic startup environment. Previous experience working at a startup environment is an asset
- Evolve with us. The landscape is being built under our feet as we move forward, so we need people who can channel their passion, learn quickly, and navigate the unknown at top speed.
What’s in it for You?
- Knowledge. You will be given the tools and the support you need – from everyone on our Data, Engineering, and Leadership teams – to succeed in this role.
- The chance to make an impact. We want someone who is creative and motivated to build and maintain customized data products for our clients. You’ll be working on the front-lines of data, delivering solutions directly to our clients, with real ownership over your projects.
- Access to new tech. At ThinkData we don’t shy away from bleeding edge tech. We encourage you to experiment, test, and push the boundaries through research and development.
- Career growth. This role will change and evolve as we continue to grow. We want you to be able to carve out your own career path here.
Need More reasons to Join?
We may be technologically driven, but like every Canadian, we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. Prior to Covid (and hopefully after) we take the whole team on a 3-day retreat for mission setting, aligning our goals, product management, and team building. We’re not saying this involves guitars, and campfires. But we’re not saying it doesn’t.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work. London is an incredible place – let’s make the most of it! Maybe you know the best spot for kebab, or maybe the West End is calling your name. We want to foster a culture where we’re serious about work and just as serious about having fun. Whether you’re a local expert or a brand new expat, be open to taking in what this city has to offer. While the pandemic put a hold on getting together in person, we still get together at zoom parties and virtual trivia nights most weeks.
One Final Note Before Applying
ThinkData Works prides itself for its diversity and being an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value all of our applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.