Ministry of Water, Land, and Resource Stewardship
Field Technology Services Analyst
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is the information management/information technology (IM/IT) service provider and organizational partner to the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM). As the centralized authority for all information, geospatial data, and technology across the NRM, NRIDS is leading the transformation and modernization of business practices through new and innovative technology solutions, continuous improvement projects and operational IM/IT solutions.
As a Field Technology Services Analyst, you will provide a combination of technical leadership and business analysis for critical local and remote field locations for the Natural Resource Ministries (AGRI, EMPR, ENV, FLNR, & MIRR). The technical work is focused on the design, configuration, and management of complex hardware/software configuration for the resource sector which has emergency field operations in remote locations with significant urgency and staff safety considerations. The business analysis function of the role will be focused on providing technology planning/solutions, including facilitating the design, implementation, leading projects, quality assurance and testing line of business applications for either a smaller number of users, or for deployment across the ministry for a unique line of business application.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the Information Management/Information Technology Field or equivalent and two (2) years of recent (within the last ten (10) years) related IT experience; OR
- Diploma in the Information Management/Information Technology Field or equivalent and three (3) years of recent (within the last ten (10) years) related IT experience; OR
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and four (4) years of recent (within the last ten (10) years) related IT experience.
- Experience with computer hardware, software, and security administration.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, maintenance, and problem resolution of IT hardware, software, operating systems, and network components.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience providing direct technical client service.
- Preference may be given to applicants with iStore experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with Satellite Internet support experience.
For more information and to apply online by March 27, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/97998