It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food and quality.
Reporting to the Controller, they are looking for a Financial Analyst enrolled in or having completed their CPA. It’s a team that enjoys working together and they’re looking for someone who wants to be part of their fun but focused approach. You will be responsible for setting up processes and cash flow forecasting within Finance. You will support treasury, tax and general financial management, working across multiple functions on a small team setting up Canadian operations.
What’s in it for you
Exposure. You will work directly with the Controller and be mentored in your role and the other functions of the team; this is a rare chance to immediately explore other avenues gaining exposure to the financial work involved in setting up Canadian operations, contributing to the processes, and being part of a planned rapid expansion.
Professional development. You may be starting out, or you may have more extensive experience. Either way, you are looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career growth at a well-established, financially sound company that is scaling. And, you would love to do it with a team that has a great sense of humour and genuinely enjoys working together.
Stability and flexibility. You want to be part of a smaller team, operating rapidly and responsively to the needs of the company at a place where you can balance the startup energy with a resilient foundation. You will be the newest team member at a financially stable, flourishing brand with a robust US presence, embarking on a new launch in Canada.
Culinary training - and tasting. This is a company founded on a passion for quality and food. As someone who shares that interest, you will have the chance to participate in two weeks of food-focused training with the corporate head chef. With regular new products created in the test kitchen, there is always something to taste and try out.
What you will do
- Process transactions and conduct analysis. You will establish bank accounts, cash flow control, daily cash flow management in stores & with credit card companies. You will:
- Account for financial obligations such as loans and leases.
- Prepare HST returns and other tax or compliance filings.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects & other financial analysis and requests.
- Review eCommerce & Retail sales receipt and reconcile to financial records.
- Prepare short-term cash flow forecasts and high-light risks & opportunities.
- Prepare journal entries as needed to close month-end.
- Collaborate. You will work with the Controller to ensure cash requirements are met including review of wires, payments, intercompany transfers and other PAD activities. You will build and maintain relationships with bankers and internal stakeholders, including the global Treasury team.
- Ownership and quality assurance. You will be responsible for opening new bank accounts, establishing payment methods and cash summary reporting. You will review and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes.
What you bring:
- Education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and you are working towards (or have) your CPA designation.
- Experience. You have held roles in public accounting or accounting department of a multinational company. Ideally, you have treasury experience. You have advanced skills with Excel (including macros) and familiarity with SAP or an account module within another ERP.
- Determination. You have strong business acumen, exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and hold yourself to high standards of accountability.
- Growth mindset. You are open to new ideas and processes and motivated to take on new challenges. You are interested in working across the full finance function. You can quickly learn new systems and processes and share your knowledge with your team.
- A collaborative approach - and a great sense of fun. You have an easy going personality and you enjoy practical jokes. We have amazing office mates and have fun working collaboratively and respectfully. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You value the opinion of others and enjoy contributing to the solution. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of your team and you prioritize the team over yourself.
- Passion. You have a love of food.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can’t promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.