Format Expert (Customer Experience)
FormatAnywhere12 days ago
We are living in some of the most exciting times for creative entrepreneurs. Visual artists are more empowered than ever before to capture the world around us - to share it and ultimately, to sell it. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive platform that gives visual artists access to the tools they need so that making a name for themself - and making a living - is easier than ever before.
Meet Format, where photographers get serious.
Created specifically for photographers, tens of thousands of members worldwide use Format to showcase their work and grow their careers. Our product suite includes a website portfolio builder, an online store, client management tools and more. With 45+ fully remote team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio, we’ve come a long way since our inception in 2010, but have really only just begun. And did we mention we are 100% bootstrapped?
At Format, it’s our mission to empower creatives to succeed. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and hard-working individual to join our Customer Experience team. You will be responsible for delivering friendly and insightful support via live chat and email to the Format community, and you will be working with a passionate team that cares deeply about our members success.
We have several open roles, some of which fall outside of traditional work days/times. Candidates with the ability to work weekends are highly encouraged to apply. We are currently looking for coverage for the following shifts:
Saturday - Wednesday, 7/8am - 3/4pm EST.
Monday - Friday, 8/9/10am - 4/5/6pm EST.
What you’ll be working on at Format
- Answering live chat and email conversations from the Format community while maintaining our industry-leading response times.
- Helping members configure their website pages, personal domain name, custom email address, SEO, and more.
- Participating in Site Building Service tasks. Site Building Service is a unique service we offer our high-value members where we build their site for them based on their preferences.
- Communicating issues that need to be handed off to other members of the CX team at the end of your day.
- Replicating and reporting bugs for the Development team.
- Up-selling and impacting business revenue goals.
- Retaining members by delivering an exceptional member experience and finding a solution that works.
- Contributing to internal and member-facing documentation.
- Keeping up with a wide range of projects, teams and announcements happening at the company.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate
- Online Customer Support experience in a fast-paced tech environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- We value simplicity and communicate with hundreds of members a day. Concise, clear and to-the-point communication is important for this role.
- A genuine desire to help our members build high-quality portfolios and manage their photography business.
- A creative background or interest in visual art mediums like photography, design, website building, painting.
- Passion for our product.
- Patience and empathy.
- This role involves technical skill but also emotional labour. The ability to exercise patience and empathy are keys to success.
- A personal interest in developing your creative eye and staying on top of visual trends.
- The ability to contribute to building a diverse and inclusive work environment for all team members.
- Sales experience is a bonus.
- You are not scared to talk up some of our great services, products and pricing plans to current and prospective members.
We are a company built on the values we believe in—impact, trust, care, and simplicity. We move fast, solve important problems and continuously aim to do, and be, better. At Format, the work of every team member matters—whether it’s for our members, company, team, or culture—we all strive to make an impact with ideas that are better, smarter, and more innovative.
As a small, but mighty, 45+ person team distributed globally, we are fiercely passionate about our mission. Our team members make important decisions every day that have direct and tangible impacts on our business. We also care deeply about fostering a company that our team is extremely proud to work for—creating many culture building and social opportunities and providing competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and great perks and benefits.
We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role and grow in your career. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
How to apply:
If this sounds like the right place for you, then get in touch! We can’t wait to meet you.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. We are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.