Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
FPGA Verification Engineers at Photonic are responsible for ensuring the functionality, performance, and reliability of our FPGA designs through rigorous verification and testing processes. You will work closely with hardware design teams to develop and execute verification plans, write test cases, and conduct simulations to validate FPGA designs.
You enjoy the thrill of learning new technology and new science, while bringing your significant FPGA verification expertise, open mind, and creativity to tackle key challenges as we build the world’s first truly scalable quantum computing system.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop comprehensive verification plans for FPGA designs based on project requirements and specifications.
- Create and maintain verification testbenches using industry-standard tools and languages (e.g., SystemVerilog, VHDL).
- Write and execute test cases, generate and analyze simulation results, and track verification progress.
- Collaborate with hardware design engineers to identify and resolve design issues and inconsistencies.
- Implement and maintain automated regression test suites for ongoing verification efforts.
- Participate in code and functional coverage analysis to ensure comprehensive verification coverage.
- Debug and isolate issues, and work closely with design teams to address and resolve failures.
- Document verification procedures, test results, and issue resolutions for future reference.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in FPGA verification methodologies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in FPGA verification and testing, with a strong understanding of digital design concepts.
- Proficiency in hardware description languages such as SystemVerilog
- or VHDL.
- Experience with FPGA synthesis and place-and-route tools (e.g., Xilinx Vivado, SDK and PetaLinux).
- Experience with FPGA verification tools and methodologies, including UVM
- (Universal Verification Methodology)
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Perl) for automation is a plus.
Exceptional candidates will have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of FPGA architectures and technologies from major FPGA vendors (Xilinx, Intel, etc.).
- Familiarity with FPGA design for high-speed communication interfaces (e.g., PCIe, DDR, Ethernet).
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. It would be awesome if you had some familiarity with quantum physics, mathematics, and programming, but we will ensure that team members will have the opportunity to learn about quantum computing as we grow.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Get involved with a quantum startup company set to redefine computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can try new things while solving innovative challenges every day
- Inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
The base annual salary range for this full-time role is between $98,000 to $134,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all Canadian locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The description above is what we think an ideal candidate would look like for this role. At Photonic, we understand that everyone has a different work and life journey. If you feel your experience is close to what we've described, but you might not meet all the requirements, please still apply! We are also committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences, knowing that these very differences inspire innovation and build better teams. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process, please let us know.