Front End Developer
Thinking CapitalMontreal, Ottawa, Toronto7 days ago
You love creating beautiful, responsive user experiences that are simple yet functional. You enjoy collaborating with other UX/UI teammates to transform concepts into reality through the magic of code and your front-end know-how.
Everyone on the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers and colleagues to design the best solutions. Our open work culture allows you to contribute to all aspects of our technology: cutting edge front-end experiences, developing new APIs, backend business logic, integrating new 3rd party services, and data engineering in a continuously deployed 24/7 cloud platform.
As a key member of our team you will collaborate with your colleagues and peers to design, develop and deploy a high quality user experience for our small business financing products and beyond.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the product, CX, engineering, and stakeholder teams to transform a user journey into code.
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems.
- Write secure, scalable code for front-end user experiences.
- Deliver using agile, test driven design methodology.
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems.
- Have the opportunity to integrate the UI with the platform via APIs, backend integration, web, mobile and data pipelines.
What you Bring
- 3+ years of front-end development using Angular 2+ (or modern frameworks, e.g. React, Vue, etc).
- Experience in one or more front-end test frameworks, e.g. jest, jasmine, cypress, mocha, etc.
- Experience with CSS frameworks, e.g. Bootstrap.
- Ruby on Rails or other web application frameworks.
- Proven experience building cutting edge User experiences.
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command-line.
- Love to own problems and drive solutions.
- Working autonomously and being highly resourceful
- Bachelors, MSC or PHD in computer science or engineering
Other Valued Skills
- Git or other version control systems
- Relational databases such as PostgresQL, MySQL
- Experience with event based systems, e.g RabbitMq, Kafka, etc
- Building a RESTful API
- Heroku, AWS
- Security & Cryptography
- Experience in payment and billing or other finance solutions