Prophix is the leading global platform and partner for finance performance management. We create software that serves ambitious finance teams, helping them empower their organizations, gain valuable insights, and drive business performance. Thousands of finance leaders across nearly one hundred countries use Prophix today.
Whether it’s through advanced data analytics, reporting capabilities, or collaborative workflows, our innovative products elevate the role of finance professionals to deliver more strategic business insights and outcomes.
Working with a global network of partners and with headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, we maintain offices in North America, South America, the U.K., Europe, and Asia.
Prophix is expanding the business and driving innovations in our industry together with customers. To expand and take our software to the next level, we are now searching for key persons to contribute to Prophix’s software development team.
As a Frontend Technical Lead, you will be a part of the team leading the company’s cloud/SaaS technology development and contributing to the development of future offerings. You will have the opportunity participate in shaping the company’s future through collaboration with highly skilled domain experts and developers alongside with dedicated leaders.
What You Will Do at Prophix
- Lead the work on defining, managing, and maintaining the front-end technologies and patterns needed for supporting the future business needs
- Responsible for architecting and defining the Front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the creative and art direction provided
- Responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities on multiple projects
- Work closely with Back End engineers and the Architects
- Being up to date with current trends and emerging technologies
- Be a thought leader in the Front-end technologies and space
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
- Fundamental knowledge of UX/UI
- Experience developing accessible web applications (using WAI - Web Accessibility Initiative guidelines, ARIA etc.)
- Understanding of (and experience in) developing applications which support Localization (i10n) and Internationalization (i18n)
- In-depth knowledge of web standards and technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, ECMA Script etc.
- Experience using different techniques (PULL/PUSH) for communicating with a back-end server (or a service). For Example, REST APIs, Web sockets etc.
- Exceptional understanding of Single Page Applications (SPAs) and their deployment model
- Exceptional understanding of Angular (9.0+) - with expertise in design, development, performance tuning, troubleshooting and deployment
- Experience creating an in-house component library (using Angular) used by multiple products
- Proficiency in JS/TS build & tests tools (Nodejs, Webpack, NPM, Karma, Jasmine etc.)
- Good communication skills and be able to convey complex technical ideas/concepts to wide range of developers with varying levels of experience
- Comfortable translating design ideas to easy-to-understand documentation
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant experience in a related field
- Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM development process
Community, culture and purpose.
We encourage our Phixers (the extraordinary team working at Prophix) to create wins for all, innovate with purpose, have passion for excellence, and laser-focus on delivering for the finance leaders of today and tomorrow. Our goal is to ensure we are living our values and nurturing a collaborative, growth-minded culture where everyone can shine.
We reward team accomplishments, but we also know that life outside of the office is vital. To that end, we provide a highly competitive compensation, vacation and benefits package, and encourage participation on one or all five of our company sports teams as well as seasonal celebrations.
At Prophix, we aim to create a lasting impact on the global community through meaningful programs and projects. We create real opportunities to participate in volunteer activities through our corporate social responsibility program (CSR), fundraising activities and paid volunteer days to support causes important to you. We also have a CSR committee that you may wish to sit on, and you can nominate an important cause for consideration for our quarterly $50,000 donation, made when we meet our profit goals.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are seeking, apply here. While we can’t guarantee an interview, we promise to consider the full breadth of your experience and background.
At Prophix, we are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free. Please advise our Recruitment team if you require reasonable accommodation during the interview and assessment process, and we will work with you to meet your needs.