We innovate | We have tenacity | We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique | We have fun
We are looking for an awesome Full Stack App Developer (React) to join our GSL Tech - Arena App team. You will work on developing new and innovative features for our venue and sports team’s mobile applications that serve to entertain, inform, and elevate user experiences attending events.
You are collaborative and embrace working with UX Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers throughout your day-to-day. Bonus if you have experience in any sports team or venue-based applications.
While we are based in Vancouver, our team has the option to work from our head office in Vancouver or remotely anywhere in Canada in Pacific Time zone.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Develop mobile applications using cross-platform or hybrid mobile application frameworks
- Participate in Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Product Demos, and Retrospectives
- Develop the best technical design and approach for the mobile apps
- Work closely with UX teams with reviewing implementing designs
- Translate high-level product requirements into technical software specifications
- Plan and estimate development tasks and develop maintainable code that matches specifications
- Participate in software peer reviews as both author and reviewer
You Own This if You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience in designing and implementing React Native mobile solutions
- 3+ years of experience with the React.js ecosystem and React Native/ Redux
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) databases
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Jenkins / BitBucket pipeline
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode
- Excellent knowledge in integration of services and GraphQL/REST APIs
- Familiarity with Mocha and Chai unit testing
- Experience with Firebase is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly collaborative
- Committed to continual learning and improvement
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and change; enjoys working in a self-directed entrepreneurial work environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow.
Perks, Benefits, and Other Cool Stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
More About Us:
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including, Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.