DoolyVancouver, BC22 days ago
At Dooly, we’re building the workspace for revenue teams.
Dooly is used by revenue teams at top Cloud 100 companies like Asana and Intercom. It’s the best way to capture and move conversations forward while keeping your team in the loop. Because it’s built with the end-user in mind, users tell us they couldn’t live without it.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will be responsible with the inner workings of our product from the frontend to the backend, you’ll work closely with designers and other engineers to delight users with new features and product enhancements. You’ll quickly be trusted to own parts of the codebase and to solve problems.
You have a passion for developing tools that make an impact in the lives of others. You love to think critically about your work and you make smart, strategic decisions with the best outcome in mind. You are constantly looking for ways to broaden your knowledge in all areas of web development and are excited to share your learnings with others. You bring positive energy and aren’t afraid to enthusiastically contribute in helping us bring Dooly to the next-level. You possess a start-up mindset and you are comfortable working autonomously and self-sufficiently.
A Typical Week in the Life
- You'll be working on projects such as:
- Adding real-time collaborative editing to our note editor
- Recording meetings by programmatically controlling Zoom
- Indexing Salesforce data to power search
- Strengthening our analytics and monitoring
- Improving performance by consolidating API calls
- Building a public API so that Dooly’s notes can sync to anything
- Embedding our Chrome extension into other websites
- You'll also be:
- Helping to shape the work to be done
- Participating in the recruitment process
- Continually improving our development and review process
- Introducing best practices and encouraging their use
- Providing informal mentorship to engineers more junior to you
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications
- A strong understanding of web technologies
- The ability to implement designs and interactions to spec
- The ability and desire to contribute to technical decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of basic design principles
We don't expect you to know everything but you might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have strong experience with React frontend written in TypeScript and Ruby on Rails backend
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working with Node service to deliver real-time content
- Are knowledgeable using integrations with Salesforce, Slack, and others
- Showcase the ability to design systems with React component library
- Have experience with Docker to containerize our services
- Have experience deploying to Google Cloud with Kubernetes
If all of this resonates with you, we encourage you to please apply online with your resume and a short email of why you think you’d be amazing in this role.
We encourage you to apply
At Dooly, we value differences, and we encourage everyone to apply - especially those whose identities are underrepresented in tech. We know that the more diverse the perspectives, experiences and talent of our Dooligans, the better we’ll be.
We respect and celebrate how you identify, who you do or don’t worship, your pronouns, the colour of your skin, your age (on paper and at heart), your sexual orientation, your culture and background, and if you have a disability or are a veteran. If you require accommodations in the hiring process please reach out to email@example.com
We are currently working remotely with the option to come into our Vancouver-based office if and when you need to. We are open to local or remote candidates, with a preference for those within a North American time zone.