APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who live our core values of Candor, Integrity, Adventure, Desire and Courage every day. Being a part of APOLLO offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves, and help build APOLLO as a leader on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced, smart, humble, and collaborative Engineers, Product Managers, and UX Designers, who are out to create the largest Digital Insurance Platform in the world. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and industry to innovate in this space and solve critical technical and business problems for Apollo and our customers. You will use the latest capabilities of the AWS platform and industry-leading practices to experiment, iterate, and learn in a fast-paced environment. As the platform and the organization scale 10x, so will your experience and your career.
** APOLLO is looking for top talent and open to hiring this position at a different level as needed.
- Help to design and build backend services and public APIs to create scalable systems
- Help to design and build simple, fast and delighting experiences for our Brokers, Partners, Business Owners and Consumers
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Co-own the delivery of these services and experiences end to end, from building, testing, deploying and running them
- Dream up your own ideas how to solve critical customer problems, and be part of the full problem solving process
- Collect and leverage data so we can better understand how customers are using our platform and leverage that data to create better solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Full Stack Engineer
- Solid understanding of Computer Science principles
- Basic experience with the AWS or any cloud platform
- Experience with Iterative, Agile software development, and ideally Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself
- Focus on high quality solutions as everything we do impacts customers and the business
- Data driven in how you solve problems and validate you’ve solved them correctly
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- Exposure to the design and development of large scale systems is a strong plus
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Benefits & Perks:
Professional development & licensing support
Monthly Social Club Events
Unlimited vacation (yes, unlimited paid time off!)
Medical, Dental and Vision benefits - premiums covered by APOLLO!
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Monthly Wellness program - $100 monthly for well-being activities
Digital first & work from home flexibility
Central Gastown office in Vancouver just blocks from the seabus terminal open to all employees!