Full Stack Engineer
Creative MarketToronto, ONa month ago
As a Full-stack Engineer, your work will be used by millions of people every month. You’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals to ship the best possible product while having a lot of ownership over your projects.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, building, and iterating on new and existing features.
- Working alongside our product team to help shape how things work.
- Writing automated tests to ensure quality and consistent user experience.
- Identifying areas of improvement or technical debt within our code base, and working to resolve it.
- Contributing within a growth-minded culture to help drive growth to the business and for our community.
- Taking ownership of your work. Whether it's a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
We believe it’s important for you to have:
- Familiar with our tech stack, which includes PHP7 (Laravel 5 + Custom PHP framework), Vue.js, SCSS/SASS, MySQL, Memcached, ElasticSearch. We’re looking for at least 3 years of experience in a growing engineering organization.
- Knowledgeable about building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, secure, and highly performant using industry best practices.
- A strong communicator; you can communicate in writing and verbally with clarity and precision.
- Excited to grow. You love learning things and know the value of feedback and facing new challenges.
- A problem solver. Working at the scale that we do, we need an engineer who loves working with their team to determine smart solutions for our users.
- Product-minded. You build things with the end-user in mind. You can see not only the technical details but also the end goal.
- Detail-oriented. You sweat the details because you know that millions of people will use what you build.
- A solid teammate. Whether it be in code reviews, pair programming or just chatting with your colleagues, the desire to help your team be better and stronger is a driving factor at Creative Market.
- Curious. With the support of the team, you want to see the bigger picture as an engineer.
- Comfortable with remote work. We are 100% distributed. You should be able to work independently (though we collaborate continuously).
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere: We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Unplug: Get at least 25 days of paid time off every year + 20 official company holidays (we celebrate both US & Canadian holiday calendars). We also take a week of rest during the last week of December!
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro/Air and all the tools you need to do a great job
- Get your learn on: We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave: Paid parental leave for all new parents.
- Perk up: Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Keep the interwebs on: Monthly internet stipend!
- Buff up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to support you in staying healthy.
- Save up: Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out: Meet up with your remote team face-to-face at least once annually
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.