Full Stack Engineer
Creative MarketCanada2 months ago
Creative Market is the world's leading marketplace for design — a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone. Our platform is used by millions of customers - and we’re growing rapidly!
As a full-stack Engineer, your work will be used by millions of people every month. You’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals to ship the best possible product while having a lot of ownership over your projects.
We work as a fully remote team, and we always have - so you’ll have collaboration tools to do your job well, autonomy to do what you need and a supportive communicative environment that knows how to be at our best when fully distributed.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Work closely with our team of engineers to ensure we meet the highest quality of design, implementation and performance standards.
- Use your voice to advocate for what we build and how we build it.
- Pair closely with Design and Product to build new features.
- Write and refactor existing ideas.
- Anticipate and start planning for the next generation of E-Commerce products.
What success looks like:
- In 3 months…
- You’re familiar with our business model, development practices and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to brainstorm ideas, debug problems, or review code.
- Successfully ship a new feature into production.
- Ask lots, and lots of questions.
- In 6 months…
- Engaged with Product and Design and assisted with launching feature iterations based on the needs of our customers.
- Offer and suggest technical enhancements to the team.
- In 12 months…
- Participate in team-level and company-level retrospectives.
- Helped innovate and improve technical documentation.
- You’ve been involved in the full product life cycle (ideation, planning, delivering).
We believe it’s important for you to have:
- Demonstrated skills with PHP and Laravel.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases (SQL), in-memory databases (Redis, Memcache), and search engines (ElasticSearch).
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks such as PHPUnit, Jest, and Cypress.
- Knowledge of building and operating software in AWS.
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.