Creative Market is the world's leading marketplace for design — a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Creative Market - you get to do both, as part of a fully remote, 30+ person team, working on a digital asset marketplace that has more than 4 million quality resources created by artists in over 190 countries around the world. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail to join our engineering team.
At Creative Market, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across Canada and the United States. We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
As a Full Stack Engineer, your work will be used by millions of people every month. You’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals to ship the best possible product while having a lot of ownership over your projects. You’ll have collaboration tools to do your job well, autonomy to do what you need and a supportive environment that knows how to be at its best when fully distributed.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Work closely with our team of engineers to ensure we meet the highest quality of design, implementation and performance standards.
- Use your voice to advocate for what we build and how we build it.
- Pair closely with Design and Product to build new features.
- Write and refactor existing ideas.
- Anticipate and start planning for the next generation of E-Commerce products.
What success looks like:
In 3 months…
- You’re familiar with our business model, development practices and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to brainstorm ideas, debug problems, or review code.
- Successfully ship a new feature into production.
- Ask lots, and lots of questions.
In 6 months…
- Engaged with Product and Design and assisted with launching feature iterations based on the needs of our customers.
- Offer and suggest technical enhancements to the team.
In 12 months…
- Participate in team-level and company-level retrospectives.
- Helped innovate and improve technical documentation.
- You’ve been involved in the full product life cycle (ideation, planning, delivering).
We believe it’s important for you to have:
- Demonstrated skills with PHP and Laravel.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases (SQL), in-memory databases (Redis, Memcache), and search engines (ElasticSearch).
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks such as PHPUnit, Jest, and Cypress.
- Knowledge of building and operating software in AWS.
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.