Full Stack Engineer (Multiple Positions/Mid-to-Senior Level Openings)
First AdvantageToronto, ON (Position will be REMOTE until Canada Office reopens due to Covid-19)16 days ago
The Full-Stack Engineer is responsible for adding new functionality to First Advantage's key new products. Working on this high-volume, security intensive application, the Full-Stack Engineer develops, integrates, and delivers applications using front- end, back end, database and hosting tools; delivers software products independently using functional specifications; utilizes all layers of the stack to complete coding, UI/UX, database integrations; and uses automation frameworks for testing and deployment. This individual is experienced with AWS, API integration and cloud based architecture, is proficient in the utilization of a variety of development programming languages, and will use their strong communication skills to work cross-functionally with teams in Atlanta and other locations. In addition, our product portfolio will require this individual to actively and effectively listen to hiring managers and candidates.
- Develop software applications and solutions based on documented business and system requirements. Write, edit, and debug code for assigned projects. Understand how applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
- Provide assistance to the testing team and support personnel as needed to resolve application issues. Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Take ownership of the delivery schedule and quality of work. Provide input and estimates about the effort required to build desired functionality.
- Design applications for stability, scalability, and performance. Design solutions to problematic programming.
- Use Test-driven Development (TDD) techniques to specify a detailed, executable design for your solution
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of development experience in a high volume, SAAS platforms
- Experience in an agile environment using scrum or Kanban
- Strong in all layers of the development process from front-end HTML to DB and model layers
Required knowledge of:
- Agile software development methodology
- Systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Testing methods and techniques
- Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of design patterns and common architectures
Preferred knowledge of:
- C#, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Skills (all required):
- Effectively meet deadlines and troubleshoot issues while handling multiple priorities and projects
- Able to work independently with limited direction and/or in a team capacity to handle complex technical issues while ensuring timely solutions
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong writing/documentation skills