Full-stack Financial Software Developer
Employer: Digital Architects Inc.
Business address: 15 Newgate Road, Toronto, ON M6B 3G5
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job type: Full-Time
Number of vacant positions: 2
Description of Company:
Digital Architects is a boutique software design and build consultancy specializing in finance, accounting, e-commerce, logistics and enterprise integration.
We are looking for experienced software and application designers who take pride in their craft and can help kick-start a project from the ground up.
The role will provide an opportunity for involvement in an exciting project designed to support software and application design to support a range of enterprises.
● Oversee the design and maintenance of computer software and related applications and direct modifications as required
● Prepare specifications needed to ensure effective and tailored applications for clients
● Write, modify, integrate, and test software code
● Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions
● Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
● Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
● Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
● Research and evaluate a variety of software products
● Write, modify, integrate, and test software code for financial and accounting applications
● At minimum a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer systems engineering, or a related area, or a college program in computer science
● 2+ years of professional application development experience with modern Java, including experience with the Spring ecosystem
● 2+ years of experience building enterprise financial or accounting software
● 2+ years of experience designing, developing web and mobile UI applications in the financial domain, using technologies such as React, Svelte, Angular, Flutter, Swift & Kotlin, including some native mobile development experience.
● Object oriented modeling and multi-threaded programming background
● API design and implementation experience
● Relational database development, design, and optimization skills, including ER modeling and normalization, data persistence technologies including ORMs, complex SQL querying and caching strategies
● AWS hand-on experience, an asset but not requirement
● Experience with NoSQL and other non-relational database technologies an asset, but not a requirement
● Willingness to maintain legacy application code written by others, with limited supporting documentation
● Strong focus on writing simple, clean, and testable code
● Proven ability to write robust unit, integration, functional and performance test suites
● Well-versed in debugging, memory management and performance tuning/scalability techniques
· $47 - $53 hourly CAD$
· 40 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location of work: Centre for Social Innovation – Annex 720 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
Language of work: English
How to apply:
Please confirm your interest in the position and provide your resume to the following email address. Please address your email to email@example.com.