Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good because at Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET) we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners and couriers across the globe.
Our mission? To empower everyday convenience around the world, whether it’s through customer service, coding or couriers.
About this role:
In the Product & Tech Logistics pillar, we focus on providing our internal departments with fine-tuned and high-quality products and services to make our operations scalable, compliant, more efficient and to deliver an awesome experience. We're connected to every part of the organization, and our efforts have an impact on thousands of our colleagues and the entire ordering platform.
Within our Courier Experience domain we provide everything a courier needs from the moment they apply to the way they work on our platform. We do this at scale for hundreds of thousands of couriers who have chosen our network to be one of the best delivery solutions in the world. We take a very data and customer centric approach, focusing strongly on our contribution to the overall experience of our couriers, partners, and customers in this 3-sided marketplace. We're looking for someone with a passion for and a deep understanding of modern product management, a successful track record leading and empowering people and teams, and strong communication and networking skills.
Your role will be to realize our vision by building, empowering and supporting 6+ PMs and their teams in Winnipeg, Toronto, Calgary, and spread across the rest of Canada, while working closely with stakeholders from around the world.
These are some of the key ingredients to the role:
- Working closely with your peers from Tech, UX & Delivery to build, lead and empower high-performing multidisciplinary teams.
- Establishing, communicating, and driving forward our vision and strategy of realizing a global logistics platform within JET.
- Ensuring continuous value delivery along this path, contributing to our company goals and priorities, using an outcome-driven approach.
- Promoting and utilizing product analytics, leading to clear OKRs and data-informed decision making.
- Implementing and improving product management principles and practices.
- Coaching and mentoring your PMs towards continuous personal and professional growth.
- Collaborating with other leaders in Operations, Finance and beyond, to improve cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with high-level business stakeholders across JET, understanding and supporting their needs.
This role will also involve some hands-on work, as you'll be involved in various initiatives at different stages, as well as assisting your teams with operational challenges when the need arises.
What we're looking for
- You have significant proven experience in product management as well as leading a team and mentoring people - experience within mobile app product management is a strong plus.
- You're down-to-earth, practical, and focused on outcomes, with a strong sense of responsibility and organizational skills.
- You are a team player and motivator, you value the input from others, and have a positive impact on the people around you.
- You have an understanding of and experience with modern product management concepts like product discovery, customer validation and prototyping, and delivery.
- You have sharp business judgment, are strong in logical and analytical thinking, and can easily separate signals from noise.
- You have excellent communication and networking skills to maintain strong relationships with senior management and business stakeholders.
- You can effectively communicate complex matters and requirements to non-domain experts in a clear, simple and concise way.
- You are fluent in English, in both speech and writing, with excellent presentation skills.
- You're able to deal with and work well in a fast-paced environment.
What we're primarily looking for is someone with a very strong product mindset and leadership skills, ready to take on this challenge.
What’s It's Like To Work At Skip:
Skip is the kind of workplace that garnered a “Top Places to Work in Manitoba” and it was no small coincidence. We set out to make this a place our employees are proud to tell their family, friends and anyone who will listen that they work here. Skip team members feel pride knowing their input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment, we’d love to hear from you.
SkipTheDishes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Boxes are for pizza, not people. So however you identify and whoever you love, you are free to be you at Skip. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees feel they truly belong and where everyone is included, seen, heard and respected.
In keeping with our values, all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of: gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital/domestic partner status, (dis)ability, neurodivergence, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process, we encourage you to reach out to your talent acquisition specialist.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.